From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ping Paul (not related to the EPIC!!! Republican losses on Nov. 7th.)
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 14:26:29 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 10:33:47 AM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 9:44:20 AM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
>

> > How many hands usually to hit four to a royal? I did twice last night at Cabo in about 4 hours.
>

> A 4-card royal dealt, which is not already a complete hand, but one that would include pairs?  I
just scratched it on a piece of paper and figure roughly 4800?  Is that ballpark?

They were all drawn from three to a royal, I think. I might have gotten 4-to-the royal three times.
Those machines seem to get plenty of two pairs and three-of-a-kind, usually drawn to, rather than
dealt. I am rarely able to draw to a 4-to-the royal elsewhere. They also hit drawn-to straights and
flushes about half the time. Anyway, I lost about $200 in four hours or so including about $24 I won
earlier from a little UX. That's added to about $107 I lost on the Cabo machines two weeks ago.
There are probably some errors but not really bad ones. If I'm not sure on more complicated hands I
look at my strategy that I keep handy on Dropbox. I did flub one hand from playing too fast. I drew
to two pair when I already had a full house. I realized it when it was too late. It's easy for me to
get inattentive with repetitive play.

The royal jackpot was just over $1,000. I was playing for player points and went up a tier last
night. The Harley Davidson session got me near the next tier. I have not used my player card for
periods in the past but decided that being in a higher tier could be helpful for cover in the high
limit rooms. But I'm going to have to hit more full houses and some straight flushes at regular play
to make it profitable.