Next <
From: joeturn <joeturn2@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Driverless vehicle causes accident in Las Vegas Downtown.
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 22:35:45 -0800 (PST)
From: joeturn <joeturn2@yahoo.com>
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:09:22 PM UTC-5, risky biz wrote:
> “The shuttle did what it was supposed to do, in that its sensors registered the truck and the
shuttle stopped to avoid the accident,” the City of Las Vegas said in a statement to KSNY. “Had
the truck had the same sensing equipment that the shuttle has the accident would have been
avoided.”
> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/self-driving-bus-accident-...
>
> Look at the photo of the accident. The shuttle noiselessly drove up in close proximity to the
truck in the exact spot where it could CAUSE an accident. What ridiculous spin. If the SHUTTLE had
the right sensing equipment, like a human with more than half a brain, it wouldn't have gotten
closer than 20 feet to a large truck backing into a delivery alley. These driverless vehicles will
drive like the very WORST human drivers on the street.

> Look at the players below who are totally invested in this project. There's no way the city
authorities aren't going to make every effort to blame the human driver to protect their pet
project. Their attitude is going to be f*** the driver, his job, and the family he supports. 'Our
robots are always right.' If you see one, flee.

> 'AAA, which sponsors the shuttle, has partnered with the city of Las Vegas, the Regional
Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada and Keolis Transit America on the project.'

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-las-vegas/downtown/human-a...

What I gathered from this is that there was no horn sensor to alert the truck driver.