From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: 63% of a gathering wave think Trump sucks
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 10:35:23 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 5:54:05 AM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 2:48:15 AM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

think there should be a third major party. Most respondents said neither the Republican nor
Democratic parties represent the American people well, and 65 percent said the country is on the
wrong track overall.

NOT represent most Americans? Increase minimum wage. Obamacare (because they couldn’t get single
payer). Labor support. Infrastructure rebuilds. Gun control. Protect the environment… Fight global
warming, the LIST goes on. There is where the majority of Americans are. It was reflected in the
last presidential election.

virtually all his campaign promises, they can’t answer. (Mostly because they idiot hillbillies
like the wing-nuts here). When you ask them the above “What wrong tack;” same thing. They can
only answer what FOX/GOP has told them.

affiliations, according to the poll, which was conducted between Oct. 26 and Nov. 10 and surveyed
1,876 adults ages 18 to 34.

millennials think a third party is needed, with 74 percent in favor of a third party compared with
69 percent of female millennials, according to NBC News.

likely to think a third party is needed at roughly 75 percent each, while 67 percent of Republicans
or Republican leaners agreed.

your vote they want you to split it.

do an "adequate" job of representing the people. And a majority – 63 percent – said they
disapprove of President Donald Trump's performance in office.'

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-11-29/millen...

> > > All polls are legit, even mine. But that has no relation to fact.
> > >
> > > […] The rankings are popular in North America but have drawn widespread criticism from
colleges, administrations, and students for their dubious, disparate, and arbitrary nature. The
ranking system by U.S. News is usually contrasted with the Washington Monthly and Forbes rankings.
> > >  –– Wikipedia
>
> > You lost me there, Jerry.
>
> Push Polls. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll They play on the Me Tooism. Politicians,
political groups and news networks (* i.e. Fox/GOP) will poll with leading, or trick, question to
get the results they want to broadcast. That’s why people nowdays list the polls and who took
them. Why are their often such great differences in the same polls? Politics.

> Push Poll Example: “Will you vote for Hillary if it’s found she lied about Benghazi?” Then
they print, or broadcast, the results. “More people are going to vote for Trump.” They play on
the audience’s penchant to want to ‘join the winners.’ The famous FOX Presidential Projection
Results is a prime example; where Romney was declared the winner and the Fox desk person walked back
to the ‘Prediction Room’ and chewed their ass for being so wrong.

> It’s why they don’t give election results till the polls on the west coast close. They found
people will not go vote if they believe their candidate or cause is losing. “Why waste my time if
there’s no use.” And the Down Ticked items are not voted on by that person. The campaign I was
Chairman of would have failed if voters had not turned out for whatever was on the top of that
ticket. Hell, the polls actually closed while me and the other guy were on the local TV channel
still debating. (Who the hell watched local channels with boring debates?)

> Anyway, the push pollsters will then selectively generalize to make the number even more in their
favor, like this part I showed you: “Strong majorities of white, African-American, Asian-American
and Latinos also expressed support for a third party.” So why didn’t they show the numbers?
Because it’s bullshit. “Strong” (great majority?) of virtually everybody (white, Black, Asian,
Mexican, Martian… Who’s left?) want a third party? GMAFB. You’re being scammed.

> I was Co Chairman of a commission for building a new jail. Our county was forced into having to
revamp or build more cells. (Some new federal law about the number of square feet per person, or
something). So we held hearings and all that shit about what to build and how to pay for it. The
County commissioners didn’t want it. So they put the Bond Issue on an ‘off year’ election when
fewer people will show up to vote. Of course it went down. Perhaps they should call it Push
Elections.

> When Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen wanted taxpayers to build him a new football stadium for his
Seahawks he paid for a Special Election. So who shows up for a one-item ballot? Football fans. Gee,
it passed. WTF good did it do for me to bitch in the local paper (which was across the river in
another state)? So I live at the other end of the state, but my taxes to go pay for Paul Allen’s
shinny new football stratum I’ll never go to. Push Voting.

> I was a speaker at a Town Hall meeting where they were going to debate the merits of voting in a
Boys Prison for our town. The state wanted it there and they lied about it. They sure didn’t use
the word Prison. They fluffed it up. They failed to notify me I was the Speaker Against. When I
showed up to hear the debate, the guy at the door (who knew me) said, “You’re on the seat on the
right, up on the stage.” The county wanted it for the state money it would bring it. The speaker
against, ran over her time and nobody stopped her until I bitched and had to physically interrupt. I
gave my case (brilliantly of course) and the reasons against. The commission voted right then, (in
the audience, with ballots in hand) and I was told my statements caused the majority of them to
change their votes when I stated facts and figures they hadn’t been told. Turns out the County
Supervisors had published a phony Push Poll to convince voters and citizens everybody wanted it.

> > What do US News & World Report college rankings prepared by an editorial committee
> > have to do with an NBC News poll?
>
> “Editorial committee?” So have I answered that?
>
> > > For them to make a statement of, without their numbers (%) if each is a generalization and
matches their other ‘attached commentary.’ These people are forming news by forming opinions.
All subterfuge; very Fox-like.

> > All they're doing is reporting the results of the NBC poll.
>
> By generalizing and editorializing? Where are the numbers? What were the poll questions? How did
they ask, “Do you want a Third Party?”

http://genforwardsurvey.com/assets/uploads/2017/11/NBC-GenForward-N...

> > > If the majorities of these majorities wanted a third party, there’d be one.
>
> > It's a poll of young adults 18 - 34. They aren't a majority. They're a future majority.
>
> Says who?
>
> Jerry ‘n Vegas

You win, Jerry.