Next <
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Win or lose, Republicans lose
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 15:51:02 -0800 (PST)
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 1:04:31 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> Now a pedophile is formally endorsed by Donald Trump.
>
> By what reasoning are voters like Irish Mike and 'travel' not the most valuable assets of the
Democratic Party?

> P.S.: LOL at the 'church' at the bottom of the story that decided it didn't want to be THAT moral
on this particular Sunday.

> ```````````````````````````````
> 'The Alabama Senate race is days away, but already, top Republicans are admitting defeat.
>
> Whether their candidate, Roy Moore, overcomes multiple on-the-record accusations of child
molestation and sexual misconduct to win on Dec. 12 or not, top party officials concede that Alabama
has been a disaster for the national brand — and either result will put the Republican
congressional majorities in jeopardy.

> “There’s no outcome here in which the Republican Party can say, ‘Well, that turned out
OK,’ no outcome where we can sit back and breathe a sigh of relief,” said Scott Jennings, a GOP
strategist who is close to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. “Both outcomes are bad for the overall
health and brand of the Republican Party.”

> If Moore wins, Republicans fear that candidates up and down the ballot will be forced to answer
for his every alleged action and confirmed comment, as the Senate grapples with whether to seat him.
If he loses to Democrat Doug Jones, then the Republican hold on the Senate majority will grow even
more tenuous, threatening to grind congressional action to a halt and fueling progressives on the
left.

> “If [Republicans] lose, the lesson is, you nominate a far-right wing nutcase candidate, you’re
going to lose the seat,” said veteran GOP pollster Whit Ayres. “If he wins, then the lesson is,
you nominate a far-right wing nutcase candidate, then it puts the party in an impossible situation
where you’ve got someone deemed not fit to serve in the body to which he’s been elected.”

> Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore was interrupted as he addressed sexual misconduct
allegations during a speech at a Baptist church in Theodore, Alabama on November 29. In a speech at
the Magnolia Springs Baptist Church, Moore said he was being attacked by “the Democrats who push a
liberal agenda,” as well as “the Washington establishment.” He continued, "The attacks have
not only been false and numerous but malicious. They’ve attacked me for my judicial decisions, my
property taxes, my salary at the Foundation for Moral Law … And sexual immorality, now." Moore
went on to question why the allegations had not been raised before, at which point a man shouted,
“All the girls are lying?” The man was escorted from the church by security, as some members
shouted, “Get out of here," according to AL.com.'
> http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article187430863.html

Yea, but they don’t lose. That’s the problem. It’s the American people that lose. These
assholes Republicans owe nothing to the American people. Only to those that bribe them with money.
As I showed in my OP about measuring success; they’ve already succeeded by getting elected. They
are now assured an income for the rest of their lives. And it’s the fault of the ignorant and
stupid that vote for them. They have no shame because they have no conscious. Once we rub their
collective noses in their ignorance, their pride prevents them from admitting to their stupidity.
Irish Prick, Rotten Pickle, Un-Travel, et al. They just can’t admit they were fooled and that we,
their betters, showed them.