Next <
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Subject: Re: US Army lieutenant general comments on treasonous behavior
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 15:55:12 -0800 (PST)
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 1:07:47 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> This is who Republicans elevate to high office. SAD.
>
> 'A retired US Army lieutenant general weighed in on Michael Flynn’s guilty plea in the ongoing
Russia investigation. Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling, who served with Flynn in the US Army, said he believes
the former national security adviser’s downfall was the result of an unexplained “hubris and
vengeance” that overcame any sense of professionalism.

> Hertling explained how he felt in a CNN interview Friday night, saying he is “embarrassed for
the Army,” and highlighted the small circle of three-star generals who are given “a special
trust and confidence by the government and the military, and the soldiers that he leads.”

> “The second part of that is the emotion of being furious,” Hertling said, describing his
reaction to Flynn’s missteps. “He went against the constitution of the United States. General
officers, soldiers are held to a higher standard,” he said. “We are taught throughout our career
to honor the values of things like duty, honor, country, integrity, respect, loyalty, selfless
service.”

> “America expects that of its general-officer ranks because they give us their sons and daughters
to defend the country,” Hertling added.

> “So when you have an individual who lies, who serves one individual as opposed to the
constitution of the country, it just, truthfully, makes me a little bit furious.”

> Flynn is now cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller in the broad investigation of
Russia’s influence campaign during the 2016 US election, during which members of Trump’s inner
circle may have worked together with the Kremlin. Some key players caught in Mueller’s crosshairs
— including Trump, his son Donald Trump, Jr., and son-in-law Jared Kushner — have denied any
wrongdoing.

> Flynn’s cooperation with Mueller follows months of headlines that placed Flynn at the center of
suspicions around Russia’s US-election meddling. His paid work on behalf of foreign governments is
another point of scrutiny, which forced him to register with the US Justice Department as a foreign
agent earlier this year.'
> http://taskandpurpose.com/us-army-lt-gen-served-mike-flynn-weighs-d...

Look at the treasonous Generals that sold out to the Military Industrial Complex. Like the
Republican politicians, they retire and go to "work" for the very industries that bribed them. And
the Generals that go to work at FOX/GOP as On-Air experts. They're whores.