Next <
From: risky biz <>
Subject: Re: Too young for Shirley Temple
Full headers:
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 11:37:16 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <>
On Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 1:42:44 AM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> Tonight while playing blackjack we were wondering who was the voice behind some Christmas music
they were playing.  I thought it might be Shirley Temple.  The young dealer of about 25 looked at me
confused.  Had no clue who Shirley Temple was.  I said she was a child movie star and that she grew
up to be an ambassador under Reagan.  Do you know who Reagan was?  "I've heard of him", said the
> The thing is, Shirley Temple was not MY generation, she was my PARENTS' generation, yet I still
know who the fuck Shirley Temple was.  These kids today, they don't know fuck.
> PS: I know now that I got it wrong about Reagan, I checked when I got home, so no asshole like
Clave needs to tell me I was wrong, I already know.  But still, you get the drift of my post.

Interesting. She was, apparently, no dummy.:

'Temple got her start in foreign service after her failed run for Congress in 1967 when Henry
Kissinger overheard her talking about South West Africa at a party. He was surprised that she knew
anything about it.[86] She was appointed as a delegate to the 24th United Nations General Assembly
(September – December 1969) by President Richard M. Nixon[87][88][89] and United States Ambassador
to Ghana (December 6, 1974 – July 13, 1976) by President Gerald R. Ford.'