From: risky biz <>
Subject: Re: Wow. Don't get old.
Full headers:
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 01:47:07 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <>
On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 12:51:58 AM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 11:26:25 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> > 'Pretty Boy' vs Johnny Archer, Brunswick World Open 1989
> >

> > Dr. Who: Ewa at 2:46, 23:42, 41:40
> >
> > But I posted this because the commentator mentions the name of someone at 34:20 who I know here
in Las Vegas. He used to do exhibition tours with Minnesota Fats and was a pro boxer for a while.
He's 70 years old now and I never would have guessed that was him if his name hadn't been mentioned.
> Y'know how I can tell that this was 1989, besides the fact that it says it is?  By looking at the
guy's wife.  She LOOKS 1989.
> I don't know the game, but I didn't understand what happened when Johnny shot the ball away, and
then Jimmy looked at it, and passed it back to Johnny.  What is that called and how does that go?

Either player can call a 'push' shot on the first shot after the break. The player would do this if
he doesn't have a makeable shot or is not in a good position to play a safety. The idea is to push
the cue ball to a location where you think you can make a shot or play a good safety and your
opponent can't. The opponent can shoot from the new location of the cue ball or pass it back to the
other player.

> Another newb question.  Where do people play pool?  There are specific pool halls?  Do they
practice in bars?

There are tables in bars but they're non-standard 7' tables. I've never played on anything other
than a 9' table in my life. Those will be at pool rooms of which there are 4 or 5 in Las Vegas. Here
are some in Fresno but they may or may not be a decent place in terms of atmosphere or equipment
Mecca Billiards
732 Fulton St, Fresno, CA 93721
Diamond Billiards
6460 N Blackstone Ave, Ste 114, Fresno, CA 93710
Rack Family Billiards
4678 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA 93726

> Are there machines at any of these same venues?

They don't have VP in the best room in Las Vegas but the others may have it.. I'm not sure. The pay
tables will suck if they do.

> Do you bowl, Risky?

The last time I bowled was about 20 years ago.

If there's a decent place to play maybe you should take up pool. You might find that you have a
talent for it.