From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Wow. Don't get old.
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 10:11:55 -0800 (PST)
From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 9:47:15 AM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 8:34:35 AM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:

here in Las Vegas. He used to do exhibition tours with Minnesota Fats and was a pro boxer for a
while. He's 70 years old now and I never would have guessed that was him if his name hadn't been
mentioned.

at the guy's wife.  She LOOKS 1989.

and then Jimmy looked at it, and passed it back to Johnny.  What is that called and how does that go?

> > > Either player can call a 'push' shot on the first shot after the break. The player would do
this if he doesn't have a makeable shot or is not in a good position to play a safety. The idea is
to push the cue ball to a location where you think you can make a shot or play a good safety and
your opponent can't. The opponent can shoot from the new location of the cue ball or pass it back to
the other player.

> > > There are tables in bars but they're non-standard 7' tables. I've never played on anything
other than a 9' table in my life. Those will be at pool rooms of which there are 4 or 5 in Las
Vegas. Here are some in Fresno but they may or may not be a decent place in terms of atmosphere or
equipment quality:
> > > Mecca Billiards
> > > 732 Fulton St, Fresno, CA 93721
> > > Diamond Billiards
> > > 6460 N Blackstone Ave, Ste 114, Fresno, CA 93710
> > > Rack Family Billiards
> > > 4678 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA 93726

> > > They don't have VP in the best room in Las Vegas but the others may have it. I'm not sure. The
pay tables will suck if they do.

> > > The last time I bowled was about 20 years ago.
> > >
> > > If there's a decent place to play maybe you should take up pool. You might find that you have
a talent for it.

> > Thanks for the info and answers.
> >
> > I should have learned to golf.  A little late in life for new bad habits.
>
> You can injure yourself physically playing golf. My brother knew a guy who was hitting from under
a tree. When he swung he hit a root and tore his rotator cuff. That's a serious injury.

> A friend of mine tried to get me to start playing and I even looked into golf clubs. I finally
decided I didn't want to take time away from pool. Why do something if I'm not going to invest the
time to try to get as good as I can?

> > I always check paytables, however unlikely the prospect.  Amazing the mistakes I've found in the
past.

> How does a pay table have a mistake?

Check your email.

As for golf, that opportunity is missed.  But I recommend a young man should learn golf, it will
open many doors, at minimum.

I can tell you some paytable stories later.