From: anon1 <>
Subject: Re: Trump steps up and smashes the ISIS Caliphate
Full headers:
From: anon1 <>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 10:26:29 -0800
On 12/27/2017 4:00 AM, wrote:
 > "Since Trump took office, ISIS has lost 98 percent of the territory
it once held."
 > Lucas Tomlinson reports from the Pentagon
 > The massive gains come after years of "onerous" rules, when critics
say the Obama administration “micromanaged” the war and shunned a more
intensive air strategy that could have ended the conflict much sooner.
 > “The rules of engagement under the Obama administration were onerous.
I mean what were we doing having individual target determination being
conducted in the White House, which in some cases added weeks and
weeks,” said retired Air Force Lt. Gen. David Deptula, the former head
of U.S. Air Force intelligence. “The limitations that were put on
actually resulted in greater civilian casualties.”
 > The latest American intelligence assessment says fewer than 1,000
ISIS fighters now remain in Iraq and Syria, down from a peak of nearly
45,000 just two years ago. U.S. officials credit nearly 30,000 U.S.-led
coalition airstrikes and regional partners on the ground for killing
more than 70,000 jihadists. Meanwhile, only a few thousand have returned
 > The remaining ISIS strongholds are concentrated in a small area along
the border of Syria and Iraq. ISIS, at one point, when Obama was in
office, controlled an area the size of Ohio.
 > While ISIS has been largely defeated, it continues to call on
followers around the world to conduct terror attacks during the holidays
with a new message sprouting up on Tuesday, and a suicide attack in
Kabul on Christmas with ISIS claiming responsibility. It’s part of the
terror group’s effort to expand influence into Africa and Afghanistan.
The U.S. envoy to the anti-ISIS coalition warned late last week not to
expect a complete defeat anytime soon.
 > “ISIS became a brand, and a lot of pre-existing terrorist groups —
you’ve seen this in the Sinai, for example — start to raise the flag of
ISIS, mainly to recruit foreign fighters and other things,” said Brett
McGurk, Special Presidential Envoy for the Global Coalition to Counter
ISIS at the U.S. Department of State, in a press briefing Thursday with
reporters at the State Department.
 > Deptula thinks the ISIS fight would have ended much sooner if
then-President Obama had given his military commander in the field more
authority. He compared President Obama’s actions to President Lyndon B.
Johnson during the Vietnam War.
 > “Obama micromanaged the war,” Deptula said. “We could have
accomplished our objectives through the use of overwhelming air power in
three months not in three years.”
 > Deptula said ISIS-controlled oil supplies weren’t targeted for 15
months beginning in 2014, giving the terror group $800 million in much
needed revenue to plot attacks and enslave millions of innocents."
 > Irish Mike
 > "ISIS is just a JV team." - Barack Obama

Ever wonder why, despite the good economy, stock market, ISIS, and all
the other news that things are going pretty good, Trump’s approval &
favorability is in the 30s while Obama’s is in the 60s and going up.
(see article below)

I’ll answer that for you. It’s because unlike morons like you, Travel,
and Vanek, most reasonably intelligent people realize it has nothing to
do with the orange baboon.

Trump hasn’t done shit except try to break every thing Obama touched and
lower his own taxes.

==Trump Approval Craters as Obama Climbs (Biden Too)==
As Donald Trump’s approval rating continues to plummet, Barack Obama and
Joe Biden are only growing more popular.

With the first year of Trump’s presidency coming to an end and his
approval rating sitting south of 40 percent, Trump is the most unpopular
president at this point in the history of the presidency. Conversely,
since leaving the White House, Obama’s favorability rating has jumped
four points, with 63 percent of Americans viewing the 44th president
favorably, according to a Gallup news poll from June.

Also high on the list of things likely to infuriate Trump, a Fox News
poll from November found Obama with a higher favorability rating than
Trump in Alabama, one of the most conservative states in America. Obama
recorded a 52 percent favorability rating in the ruby red state, while
Trump’s sat at 49 percent.

Biden, too, has enjoyed a bump in popularity since his time in the White
House. A new CNN poll out December 22, conducted by SSRS, found Biden’s
favorability rating at 57 percent, 20 points higher than Trump’s 37
percent. The poll put Biden’s unfavorability at just 27 percent.