From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Trump steps up and smashes the ISIS Caliphate
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 14:57:50 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 12:42:54 PM UTC-8, irishra...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 1:26:35 PM UTC-5, anon1 wrote:
> > On 12/27/2017 4:00 AM,Iirish Ranger wrote:
> >  > "Since Trump took office, ISIS has lost 98 percent of the territory
> > it once held."
> >  > Lucas Tomlinson reports from the Pentagon
> >  >
> >  > The massive gains come after years of "onerous" rules, when critics
> > say the Obama administration “micromanaged” the war and shunned a more
> > intensive air strategy that could have ended the conflict much sooner.
> >  >
> >  > “The rules of engagement under the Obama administration were onerous.
> > I mean what were we doing having individual target determination being
> > conducted in the White House, which in some cases added weeks and
> > weeks,” said retired Air Force Lt. Gen. David Deptula, the former head
> > of U.S. Air Force intelligence. “The limitations that were put on
> > actually resulted in greater civilian casualties.”
> >  >
> >  > The latest American intelligence assessment says fewer than 1,000
> > ISIS fighters now remain in Iraq and Syria, down from a peak of nearly
> > 45,000 just two years ago. U.S. officials credit nearly 30,000 U.S.-led
> > coalition airstrikes and regional partners on the ground for killing
> > more than 70,000 jihadists. Meanwhile, only a few thousand have returned
> > home.
> >  >
> >  > The remaining ISIS strongholds are concentrated in a small area along
> > the border of Syria and Iraq. ISIS, at one point, when Obama was in
> > office, controlled an area the size of Ohio.
> >  >
> >  > While ISIS has been largely defeated, it continues to call on
> > followers around the world to conduct terror attacks during the holidays
> > with a new message sprouting up on Tuesday, and a suicide attack in
> > Kabul on Christmas with ISIS claiming responsibility. It’s part of the
> > terror group’s effort to expand influence into Africa and Afghanistan.
> > The U.S. envoy to the anti-ISIS coalition warned late last week not to
> > expect a complete defeat anytime soon.
> >  >
> >  > “ISIS became a brand, and a lot of pre-existing terrorist groups —
> > you’ve seen this in the Sinai, for example — start to raise the flag of
> > ISIS, mainly to recruit foreign fighters and other things,” said Brett
> > McGurk, Special Presidential Envoy for the Global Coalition to Counter
> > ISIS at the U.S. Department of State, in a press briefing Thursday with
> > reporters at the State Department.
> >  >
> >  > Deptula thinks the ISIS fight would have ended much sooner if
> > then-President Obama had given his military commander in the field more
> > authority. He compared President Obama’s actions to President Lyndon B.
> > Johnson during the Vietnam War.
> >  >
> >  > “Obama micromanaged the war,” Deptula said. “We could have
> [...]

Technical note for dimwits- the polls show what the polls show. No one claimed that the polls showed
something different from what the polls showed. That's exactly why YOU never had enough NUTS to
claim BEFORE the election that Trump would win. In fact, you were DESPONDENT in the week before the
election. Should I look up some of your posts to embarrass you? LOL.

And thinking that you can credibly use the results of a razor thin electoral college win when the
polls WEREN'T invalidated in the popular vote to claim that the overwhelming opinion of Americans
that Trump's job performance is abysmal is imaginary . . well, that's just laughable.