Subject: Beautiful Mass Resignation Letter from Arts & Humanities
From: Clave <ChrisClavius@TheMonastery.com>
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 14:43:45 -0800
From what was left of the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities:

	Dear Mr. President:

	(R)eproach and censure in the strongest possible terms are
	necessary following your support of the hate groups and
	terrorists who killed and injured fellow Americans in
	Charlottesville. The false equivalences you push cannot stand.
	The Administrations refusal to quickly and unequivocally condemn
	the cancer of hatred only further emboldens those who wish
	America ill. We cannot sit idly by, the way your West Wing
	advisors have, without speaking out against your words and
	actions. We are members of the President’s Committee on the Arts
	and Humanities (PCAH). The Committee was created in 1982 under
	President Ronald Reagan to advise the White House on cultural
	issues. We were hopeful that continuing to serve in the PCAH
	would allow us to focus on the important work the committee does
	with your federal partners and the private sector to address,
	initiate, and support key policies and programs in the arts and
	humanities for all Americans. Effective immediately, please
	accept our resignation from the President’s Committee on the
	Arts and the Humanities.

	(E)levating any group that threatens and discriminates on the
	basis of race, gender, ethnicity, disability, orientation,
	background, or identity is un-American. We have fought slavery,
	segregation, and internment. We must learn from our rich and
	painful history. The unified fabric of America is made by
	patriotic individuals from backgrounds as vast as the nation is
	strong. In our service to the American people, we have
	experienced this first-hand as we traveled and build the
	Turnaround Arts education program, now in many urban and rural
	schools across the country from Florida to Wisconsin.

	(S)peaking truth to power is never easy, Mr. President. But it
	is our role as commissioners on the PCAH to do so. Art is about
	inclusion. The Humanities include a vibrant free press. You have
	attacked both. You released a budget which eliminates arts and
	culture agencies. You have threatened nuclear war while gutting
	diplomacy funding. The administration pulled out of the Paris
	agreement, filed an amicus brief undermining the Civil Rights
	Action, and attacked our brave trans service members. You have
	subverted equal protections, and are committed to banning
	Muslims and refugee women & children from our great country.
	This does not unify the nation we love. We know the importance
	of open and free dialogue through our work in the cultural
	diplomacy realm, most recently with the first-ever US Government
	arts and cultural delegation to Cuba, a country without the same
	First Amendment protections we enjoy here. Your words and
	actions push us all further away from the freedoms we are
	guaranteed.

	(I)gnoring your hateful rhetoric would have made us complicit in
	your words and actions. We took a patriotic oath to support and
	defend the Constitution of the United States against all
	enemies, foreign and domestic.

	(S)upremacy, discrimination, and vitriol are not American
	values. Your values are not American values. We must be better
	than this. We are better than this. If this is not clear to you,
	then we call on you to resign your office, too.

	(T)hank you,

(RESIST emphasis added.)

Original here: https://pic.twitter.com/4Mor0vEoBK