From: Tim Norfolk <timsn274@aol.com>
Subject: Re: My personal sociology experiment
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 23:07:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Tim Norfolk <timsn274@aol.com>
On Friday, December 29, 2017 at 2:36:29 PM UTC-5, Bill Vanek wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 11:28:47 -0800 (PST), Tim Norfolk
><timsn274@aol.com> wrote:

lifestyle. We will soon be cashing in all our chips in Vancouver (before the crash) and finding a
new (much cheaper) home base from which to launch our RV adventures. My wife is pretty much leaving
all the details up to me. She is in agreement with every idea I pitch, which is a little scary, but
one of the reasons I love her. She has always been game for almost anything.

anywhere in Canada. We do want to stay in Canada (for at least 6 months a year) for the free
lifetime healthcare, which is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to us. After all, I'm not an
idiot.

kept coming back to the same place over and over until I finally had to declare it a winner. I don't
want to disclose the location just yet, but I can tell you that we will be getting an incredible
bang for our housing buck. Compared to Vancouver, it's absolutely mind boggling how big and cheap
the houses are there. They're practically free. We will definitely be living mortgage-free. We will
also be in an extremely strategic location offering excellent RV destinations within a day's drive
(and beyond) in almost every direction. It's on a large body of water, and has been acclaimed as one
of the best tourist destinations in Canada.

99%+. I don't know if I can handle living with all white people. My wife and I have always lived in
a  multicultural environment.

of time, I'd love to hear any survival tips or other experiences you might have to share. Was it
worth it? Did you get bored? Did you find that the white people were less overtly racist with no
minorities around...or were they even worse??

cashed in all the funds (about 6 months before the crash); paid off everything; bought a motorhome
(second one), and would leave Vegas for three months at a time. (Second trip on, attached a car to
the back). Eventually sold the MH and live the Vegas life style: Patio, pool, BBQ – got rid of the
hot tub; and occasionally ‘do the strip,’ and wine and dine. Like this last week when the kids
came for xmas from Atlanta.

problem not having any blacks. We did have Mexicans and Indians, but, no big deal. I don’t believe
you’ll find yourself crippled, not >have a percentage-based racial population.

> >> If I was an American, Vegas would definitely be a finalist for us. Reasonably priced housing,
mild winter weather, good tourism draw, low tax jurisdiction, endless food and entertainment
options, an acceptable level of multiculturalism (albeit with some faux multiculturalism), and
strategically located as a good RVing home base. Points against it is it's in the desert, it's not
on the ocean, and it's not very pretty to look at.

> >Have you been there in August?
>
> Wimp.

Probably true. My first visit there was in August 1991. I have never been so hot outside a sauna.

Besides, Bill is from Vancouver, and would likely notice it more than I did..