From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: I can't believe the murders lately
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 03:49:55 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 11:40:13 PM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> Especially in Vegas.  I set my news links to Vegas, basically, so I often know what's happening in
Vegas before I know of Fresno.  This morning was especially shocking with the deaths of two security
guards at Arizona Charlie's on Decatur.

> And it seems almost every day in Vegas someone is getting murdered.  Although, friends I know who
live there say they feel safe, especially if one minds his own business.

> On another subject, what is up with that "swatting" news story in the midwest, where some freak in
California called in a SWAT call on someone half across the country.  I saw the video on the news,
and I don't understand why the police had to kill him.  And I'm not even going to ask Jerry his
perspective.  Who gives a fuck what Jerry has to say.  But what crime should they convict this creep
of who generated the "swat" call in the first place?  I think he should get Life.  But still, I
don't see why the need for the police to shoot the victim.  It's a fresh news story, maybe more will
be revealed.

The creep has been arrested. More details make it clear why the police were edgy:

'A 25-year-old California man was arrested in connection to an online quarrel between two “Call of
Duty” gamers that prompted a hoax call and led to a man being killed by police in Kansas.

Los Angeles police on Friday arrested Tyler Barriss, who law enforcement claimed is the
“prankster” who called 911 and made up a story about a kidnapping in Wichita, ABC 7 reported.

Barriss reportedly gave police the address he believed the other gamer lived.

In the audio of the 911 call, the caller claimed his father had been shot in the head and that he
was holding his mother and a sibling at gunpoint. The caller added that he poured gasoline inside
the home and "might just set it on fire."

The address was for the home of Andrew Finch, 28, whom police believed was not involved in any
argument on “Call of Duty.”

Wichita Deputy Police Chief Troy Livingston, speaking at a news conference, said the hoax call was a
case of "swatting," in which a person makes up a false report to get a SWAT team to descend on an
address.

Dexerto, an online news service focused on gaming, reported that the series of events began with an
online argument over a $1 or $2 wager in a "Call of Duty" game on UMG Gaming, which operates online
tournaments including one involving "Call of Duty."

The FBI estimates that roughly 400 cases of swatting occur annually, with some using caller ID
spoofing to disguise their number.'
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/30/kansas-swatting-suspect-arrest...

The perpetrator mistakenly gave the police the address of someone who had nothing to do with a
stupid online argument and that person was killed.

I have an issue with the police firing when they haven't even seen a weapon which they couldn't have
because he didn't have one. There are no details about how it happened but I wouldn't consider it
unusual for a person's hands to make an unconscious movement when they are unexpectedly confronted
by several guns pointed at them by people yelling at them. The startled reaction is that you're
about to get killed.

This reminds me of when ramashiva incorrectly identified Bea as an unrelated person. I wonder how
many assholes made prank calls to that person every 10 minutes for a week, or called in orders to a
dozen different pizza shops for them, or sent the fire department to that persons house. I would
expect that kind of behavior from numerous lowlifes at RGP.