From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: I can't believe the murders lately
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 07:15:32 -0800 (PST)
From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 3:50:02 AM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 11:40:13 PM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> > Especially in Vegas.  I set my news links to Vegas, basically, so I often know what's happening
in Vegas before I know of Fresno.  This morning was especially shocking with the deaths of two
security guards at Arizona Charlie's on Decatur.

> > And it seems almost every day in Vegas someone is getting murdered.  Although, friends I know
who live there say they feel safe, especially if one minds his own business.

> > On another subject, what is up with that "swatting" news story in the midwest, where some freak
in California called in a SWAT call on someone half across the country.  I saw the video on the
news, and I don't understand why the police had to kill him.  And I'm not even going to ask Jerry
his perspective.  Who gives a fuck what Jerry has to say.  But what crime should they convict this
creep of who generated the "swat" call in the first place?  I think he should get Life.  But still,
I don't see why the need for the police to shoot the victim.  It's a fresh news story, maybe more
will be revealed.

> The creep has been arrested. More details make it clear why the police were edgy:
>
> 'A 25-year-old California man was arrested in connection to an online quarrel between two “Call
of Duty” gamers that prompted a hoax call and led to a man being killed by police in Kansas.

> Los Angeles police on Friday arrested Tyler Barriss, who law enforcement claimed is the
“prankster” who called 911 and made up a story about a kidnapping in Wichita, ABC 7 reported.

> Barriss reportedly gave police the address he believed the other gamer lived.
>
> In the audio of the 911 call, the caller claimed his father had been shot in the head and that he
was holding his mother and a sibling at gunpoint. The caller added that he poured gasoline inside
the home and "might just set it on fire."

> The address was for the home of Andrew Finch, 28, whom police believed was not involved in any
argument on “Call of Duty.”

> Wichita Deputy Police Chief Troy Livingston, speaking at a news conference, said the hoax call was
a case of "swatting," in which a person makes up a false report to get a SWAT team to descend on an
address.

> Dexerto, an online news service focused on gaming, reported that the series of events began with
an online argument over a $1 or $2 wager in a "Call of Duty" game on UMG Gaming, which operates
online tournaments including one involving "Call of Duty."

> The FBI estimates that roughly 400 cases of swatting occur annually, with some using caller ID
spoofing to disguise their number.'
> http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/30/kansas-swatting-suspect-arrest...
>
> The perpetrator mistakenly gave the police the address of someone who had nothing to do with a
stupid online argument and that person was killed.

> I have an issue with the police firing when they haven't even seen a weapon which they couldn't
have because he didn't have one. There are no details about how it happened but I wouldn't consider
it unusual for a person's hands to make an unconscious movement when they are unexpectedly
confronted by several guns pointed at them by people yelling at them. The startled reaction is that
you're about to get killed.

> This reminds me of when ramashiva incorrectly identified Bea as an unrelated person. I wonder how
many assholes made prank calls to that person every 10 minutes for a week, or called in orders to a
dozen different pizza shops for them, or sent the fire department to that persons house. I would
expect that kind of behavior from numerous lowlifes at RGP.

First of all, look at the photo of that skinny little piece of shit.  The article does not say how
they found him although it mentions spoofing caller-ID.  So this faggot got the address wrong, and
an innocent person dies.  But I still don't understand how the police could fuck this up so bad.

Somebody is going to win a huge settlement.

On a legal note, what is this clown guilty of?  What do they convict him of?  Or what CAN they
convict him of?