From: Dutch <>
Subject: Re: Maybe Trump will help the resistence in Iran
Full headers:
From: Dutch <>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 21:08:47 -0800
On 1/2/2018 7:07 PM, Clave wrote:
> On 1/2/2018 6:59 PM, Dutch wrote:
>> On 1/2/2018 3:37 PM, risky biz wrote:
>>> How someone else dresses is not YOUR 'issue', moron, if it isn't a
>>> flagrant affront to common civility.
>> How someone dresses is an indication of whether or not she in fact has
>> the freedom that a free society grants every citizen.
> So you can just *tell* by what people are wearing what their motives for
> wearing those things are?

It's not rocket science, but I'll 'splain it for you anyway. In a
society where women have the same freedom as a man you see a wide
variety in styles of dress, because women are individual human beings
with individual tastes, ideas, motivations, etc.. Some like to dress
modestly, some like to dress flirtatiously or provocatively. It depends
on the person, the mood and the occasion. It defies reason that a
population of different people, all doing the same thing, are all doing
so by choice. You might say, so what if a whole group of people are
forced to wear scarves on their heads, but what if some days they don't
feel like it? And what about being forced to cover their faces? Facing
other people is one of the most fundamental and fulfilling parts of
human social interaction. It's a human right as basic as breathing air.