From: Tim Norfolk <timsn274@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Where would Iran be without Obama's $150 Billion?
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 11:13:33 -0800 (PST)
From: Tim Norfolk <timsn274@aol.com>
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 8:04:08 PM UTC-5, BillB wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 4:36:22 PM UTC-8, Tim Norfolk wrote:
>
> > Up yours. Ohio is beautiful. We have decent weather, clean water, oil, gas and cheap places to
live.

> ...and Irish Mike.
>
> Let's be honest, Tim. Ohio isn't really considered the most desirable place to live. There is a
reason you can buy a house in Cleveland for less than the price of a Honda Accord.

> Even worse, many parts of rural Ohio have massive racism problems. White supremacy is rampant. It
is one of the worst states in the North for hate groups. Plus, Ohio played a key role in electing
Donald Trump. I believe he won by something like 9%. That tells you a lot (certainly all you need to
know) about the mentality of a big majority the white people who live there.

Ohio is just about average on every measure within the US. It's one reason why it's a swing state.
The north is mostly rust belt, and more like the East Coast, the southern half is like the Bible
belt. It is an interesting place to live. I have been both delighted and surprised in my 40 years
here, but have always been treated well. Ten again, I am quite white.