From: Travel <travel9599@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Football, big fucking deal
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 09:12:09 -0800 (PST)
From: Travel <travel9599@gmail.com>
On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 4:08:12 AM UTC-5, BillB wrote:
> On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 9:44:22 PM UTC-8, Dutch wrote:
> > On 2/4/2018 9:41 PM, popinjay wrote:
> > > Like the world stopped on its axis.  Omg, the Super Bowl.  Fucking morons.
> > >

> > I heard it was a great game. But it was nice and sunny so we took our
> > pup out to the park for the afternoon.
>
> lol...sounds like something a Dutch would do.
>
> It was a very good game. It broke a record for total offence. Brady did his job. The NE defense
was shitty. The Eagles were moving the ball up the field way too easily with receivers who were
frequently wide open. That said, at least two of Philadelphia's TDs had nothing to do with bad
coverage. They were pure receiver artistry.

> NE is the better team. If they played long enough, they would have won. But you only get sixty
minutes, and you can only consummate so many come from behind miracles before you get bitchslapped
by the Gods. NE simply pushed their luck too far. Also, kudos to Philly for not folding when NE
finally took the lead at 32-31.

> I don't know why Popinjay has such a chip on his shoulder. It was great entertainment and it was
free, which made it much better EV than that video poker game he no doubt parked (and lost) his ass
at all afternoon.

Not to mention the horse track.

Seadonut to place: fascinating. Super Bowl: "Like the world stopped on its axis.  Omg, the Super
Bowl.  Fucking morons."

I agree with your assessment of the game, but one thing that was blaringly "funny" throughout
the game that puts everything else in the background.

Foles was never even inconvenienced, never mind "pressured" once in a while; and light years away
from anything resembling roughed-up even once. How can that happen against the best team in
football? It can't.

Now, okay, the answer would "have" to be: the Eagles had an offensive line with superpowers. I
didn't hear Al Michael's or his weasel mention how the line was "making all the difference" or
praise-similar, even once.

Al Michael's weasel was saying at the beginning of the game how Foles wasn't nervous as the Patriots
thought he might be (that's why the Patriots chose to kick the ball upon winning the toss, and also
they would (the Patriots) get the ball after the half). Uh, ya, who would be nervous with being left
alone in the pocket like that on every play (any one of the cheerleaders could have managed those 80
yard drives).

If the offensive line was so good, that's practically all they'd be talking about; they'd be down to
telling the viewers what kind of SUV's they all owned, etc, by the end of the game.

I haven't missed a game all year, and there hasn't been a game where an opponent has come anywhere
near the pure ease with which the Eagles moved the chains, time after time; and Foles always had all
the time in the world to complete a pass.

The Eagles punter was one rested mofo.

Also, the Eagles got more than a break on both "disputed" touchdowns, and Gostkowsky missed a FG and
a PA (=4pts.).

It really did look "bagged."