From: fffurken <fffurken1@mail.com>
Subject: Re: Football, big fucking deal
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 09:32:45 -0800 (PST)
From: fffurken <fffurken1@mail.com>
On Monday, 5 February 2018 16:46:04 UTC, popinjay  wrote:
> On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 8:07:31 AM UTC-8, fffurken wrote:
> > On Monday, 5 February 2018 05:41:27 UTC, popinjay  wrote:
> > > Like the world stopped on its axis.  Omg, the Super Bowl.  Fucking morons.
> >
> > The drawback of not liking sports is that you miss out on moments (of elation) like this..
Ireland's last-gasp victory in our opening game of the Rugby Six Nations at the weekend in the Stade
de France, a game it looked like we had let slip away.

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zotdbqvumsg
> >
> > All phases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TEA6vt9zCg
> >
> > Had to share :)
>

> Wtf is that shit?  It says rugby, but it looks like soccer to me, which should not be played in
America.  And they don't wear helmets?  No one had a helmet on.  And the first video was not
available in my country.  Thanks anyway.

That's a pity because that was the shorter video and I wouldn't have expected you to make it through
the second, plus I liked it because the commentary is dubbed. I think this is more or less the same
video (a little longer with commentary) which should work -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOPE-F3lK4A

PS. That's rugby Paul, not soccer. No helmets and it's really more similar to American football than
soccer, although a superior and more entertaining game. Even WiNH knows that and he's American.

In rugby btw, you can't throw/pass the ball forward, you can kick it forward but not throw it
forward. You also can't score (in open play) by kicking it between the posts unless the ball touches
the ground first, that's why it's called a drop goal.