Subject: Re: Football, big fucking deal
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 13:41:05 -0800 (PST)
From: BillB <williambradleyllb@gmail.com>
On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 1:30:25 PM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 1:05:54 PM UTC-8, fffurken wrote:
>

> > Fine, I'm a "racist". Now can you tell me by what objective measure what I said is false?
>

> Did BillB just trot out a wikipedia quote?  Even after wikipedia listed the owner of one of the
Super Bowl teams as being killed yesterday?  And it was totally false.  So much for Wiki, you can
lump it in now with Snopes, because everyone knows that Snopes is for dopes.

I think you will find that the wikipedia definition is very much in line with other definitions
available in a wide variety of reference materials. I wouldn't have used it otherwise.

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone (as I once demonstrated on RGP), so it is susceptible to
short-term hoaxes. They don't last long. 99%+ of the information on wikipedia is accurate. You just
have to be practiced enough at critical thinking to spot subjects that  might fall into the
susceptible 1%, and get corroborating references.

You'd know all this already had you made it past eighth grade.