Next <
Subject: Re: So much for Wikipedia and BillB
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 16:25:32 -0800 (PST)
From: BillB <williambradleyllb@gmail.com>
On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 4:18:51 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 2:17:01 PM UTC-8, Bill Vanek wrote:
> > On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 13:52:23 -0800 (PST), popinjay
> ><paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > >As we all know, RGP libtard morons like BillB love to quote wikipedia to support some of their
outlandish bullshit.  Below is a reference to Wikipedia from yesterday, Super Bowl Sunday.

> > >--------
> > >
> > >Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and head coach Doug Pederson were listed as killed at
Super Bowl LII by Wikipedia.

> > >The only problem is, both coaches are alive and Super Bowl LII kickoff doesn’t start for a
few hours.

> > >Lurie’s Wikipedia page said he died February 4th, 2018 at the U.S. Bank Stadium in
Minneapolis, Minnesota.

> > As the troll has already mentioned in another post, anyone can edit
> > those articles. He can edit the article, cite it here, and it will
> > still be as he left it when anyone here checks it.
>
> You posted this 2 hours ago. Would you like to now explain why no one is reported having been
killed on the Super Bowl LII Wikipedia page as of the present? You know what you're talking about.
Right?

If someone does a fake edit on a hot topic it will be corrected almost immediately. If it's a more
obscure topic, it could take a little longer, but iirc there are volunteer editors for every major
subject area, and all the edits get looked at in due course. Wikipedia is not perfect, but it's a
game changing resource for those with the critical thinking to use it correctly.. That would of
course exclude particularly low IQ individuals like vanek.