From: Travel <travel9599@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Football, big fucking deal
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 16:27:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Travel <travel9599@gmail.com>
On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 6:03:11 PM UTC-5, BillB wrote:
> On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 2:04:46 PM UTC-8, Travel wrote:

single black person should take a knee until something approaching racial equality is achieved, or
at least until white right-wingers in power stop actively blocking it.

> > > They should be grateful for even that, right?
> >
> > The average black is debt free? Well, they don't have to pay for anything, so that makes sense
sorta.

> Again, those numbers are median net worth, not average. That was my mistake. No it does not mean
the median black family is debt free, any more than it means the median white family debt free. Net
worth is assets - liabilities. It doesn't preclude the existence of liabilities. You might benefit
from an entry-level accounting course.

You need an anti-gobbygoop course. Net is net and it leaves +$8.

> > But it shows that the average Welfare benefit is high enough for a comfortable >living if
there's an average surplus of $8.

> What it really means is that about 50% of black families have absolutely nothing. We can also
infer that there is a significant additional percentage that have next to nothing.

What it means is that they have a free living. Add up all the benefits and it equals a handsome
wage. Say, a baseline of $50,000 for doing nothing.

If I had to guess (and I could be way off), of the 50% who have nothing, probably half them are
making something close to minimum wage. A sizable percentage would also rely on government benefits
for most of their income. Neither of those scenarios is what I would describe as "comfortable
living". In large US cities, trying to live on incomes that low almost invariably puts you in an
urban war zone where your life is in real danger. That's sort of the opposite of comfortable.