Subject: Re: Breaking News!! BillB on Stocks!!!
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 22:31:50 -0800 (PST)
From: BillB <williambradleyllb@gmail.com>
On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 9:20:52 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> I don't know how the organ donation rates compare to the US (although from >what >I have heard the
wait-lists are quite similar), but I do know that even >within >Canada the donation rates vary
greatly from region to region..

According to the CBC:

"Spain has the highest organ donation rate in the world — 36 donors per million people in 2014.
Today, Canada’s rate is half that — 18 donors per million people — and in the lower third of
developed countries.  Even the United States is doing better that us, at 26 donors per million."

So ya, it is a much higher *percentage* in the US, but in real numbers it's only 8 more people in a
million. You're hardly rocking the world with your overwhelming courage and altruism. That's why the
wait times aren't that much different, if at all. Both countries suck.

A lot of it is not the people, but just the outdated laws themselves. For example, some of the more
progressive jurisdictions in Canada have a rebuttable presumption that the deceased is an organ
donor, while other less progressive jurisdictions look for a pre-death consent. It makes a huge
difference. Canadians overwhelmingly support organ donation; they're  just too lazy to fill out the
cards. It must be all the weed.