From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Subject: Re: Probably just a coincidence...right??
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
<feafc5f1-0204-4f5c-9361-ef26c0a42d3a@googlegroups.com>
<rV9eC.4250$YR7.2257@fx34.iad>
<3dfc7b03-668a-4e33-a72a-3dbed16b90d1@googlegroups.com>
From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 12:48:36 -0800
On 2/6/2018 1:08 AM, BillB wrote:
> On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 8:11:07 PM UTC-8, Dutch wrote:
>
>> It's hard to understand how you view 50% no affiliation, 35% Christian,
>> 15% other (incl 2-3% Muslim) as multicultural. From the perspective of
>> religion this is probably one of the least multicultural areas on earth.
>
> There's more to multiculturalism than just religion, but 3.5% of Lower Mainlanders are Muslim,
3.5% are Buddhist and 8% are Sikh. That's a fair  bit of multiculturalism right there. Also, most of
the 50% you say are unaffiliated would identify with one culture or another. Most of them are Asian.
Yes, there are a lot of Christians, but even they subdivide into different cultures. We also have a
healthy representation from the most important culture of all, Aboriginal Canadians.

> I don't see how you can walk around Vancouver for more than 10 minutes and not realize it's a
highly multicultural city. I'm guessing you don't leave the house much because you're afraid
of....THE MOOSLIMS!

I hear different languages spoken, and there are a lot of Asians, but
when it comes to the important values we are all part of the Canadian
culture. Multiculturalism is nonsense. Canadians have always been a
tolerant people, we didn't need a government edict to force us into it.