From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Subject: Re: And Don't Forget A List n' Show For Jerr
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 16:52:29 -0800 (PST)
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 4:00:48 PM UTC-8, Clave wrote:
> On 2/6/2018 3:30 PM, Dutch wrote:
>
> <...>
>
> > Wouldn't it be great if anyone could have the cops investigated whenever
> > they were investigating you?
>
> Is anyone else reminded of one of the eleventy-nine Hillary
> investigations, the one based on that "Clinton Cash" fantasy?  The FBI
> openly said they were using it as the basis for investigating the
> Clinton Foundation.
>
> Despite the source being blitheringly partisan, Democrats pretty much
> universally not only didn't try to interfere, but actively *wanted* the
> investigation to run its course, regardless of the outcome.
>
> Anyone claiming with a straight face any more that Republicans operate
> in good faith (LOFL!) is merely admitting that they're complicit, that
> they're just fine with fascist authoritarianism, and that questions of
> right and wrong are now judged solely on whether they help or hurt their
> fuhrer.
>
>  From the Atlantic, a 'splainer on why bipartisanship is no longer in
> our country's best interests, by actual real non-partisans who agree
> with many traditional GOP values:
>
> 	We have both spent our professional careers strenuously avoiding
> 	partisanship in our writing and thinking. We have both done work
> 	that is, in different ways, ideologically eclectic, and that
> 	has—over a long period of time—cast us as not merely
> 	nonpartisans but antipartisans. Temperamentally, we agree with
> 	the late Christopher Hitchens: Partisanship makes you stupid. We
> 	are the kind of voters who political scientists say barely
> 	exist—true independents who scour candidates’ records in order
> 	to base our votes on individual merit, not party brand.
>
> 	This, then, is the article we thought we would never write: a
> 	frank statement that a certain form of partisanship is now a
> 	moral necessity. The Republican Party, as an institution, has
> 	become a danger to the rule of law and the integrity of our
> 	democracy. The problem is not just Donald Trump; it’s the larger
> 	political apparatus that made a conscious decision to enable
> 	him. In a two-party system, nonpartisanship works only if both
> 	parties are consistent democratic actors. If one of them is not
> 	predictably so, the space for nonpartisans evaporates. We’re
> 	thus driven to believe that the best hope of defending the
> 	country from Trump’s Republican enablers, and of saving the
> 	Republican Party from itself, is to do as Toren Beasley did:
> 	vote mindlessly and mechanically against Republicans at every
> 	opportunity, until the party either rights itself or implodes
> 	(very preferably the former).
>
> https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/03/boycott-the-gop...

It's already happening at the polls. If you GOPers are not Gerrymandered your probably going to
lose. That's why so many of the GOPers are dropping out now. They're taking their 'reporter jobs on
FOX,' or their Republican think tank jobs; or their "Advisory Board" jobs with the corporations that
promised them jobs if they'd pass favorable legislations.

No politician leaves Washington......