From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Subject: Re: This is why Dutch hates Canada
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 19:10:56 -0800
On 2/6/2018 5:15 PM, BillB wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 5:02:55 PM UTC-8, Dutch wrote:
>> On 2/6/2018 4:52 PM, BillB wrote:
>>> Preamble to the Canadian Multiculturalism Act:
>>>
>>> WHEREAS the Constitution of Canada provides that every individual is equal before and under the
law and has the right to the equal protection and benefit of the law without discrimination

>> That already existed before that was written. It's redundant.
>
> But Canadians felt the need to spell it all out AS LAW for the benefit of bigots like you who like
to discriminate on the basis of culture.

> For one obvious example, you said you don't want to import Islam (i.e. Muslims) into Canada. That
means you want to explicitly discriminate against Muslims, and ignore our many laws promoting human
rights and multiculturalism, including our Constitution.

> Why do you hate Canadian values? Why do you hate multiculturalism?
>
> Just the way you said Canadians "tolerate" other cultures suggests to me that you think YOUR
culture (whatever that may...your culture is certainly nothing like  mine) is somehow superior or
paramount to all others. It's not, in fact or by law. Get that idiotic idea out of your head.

This is just more of your drivel. How do you define "culture" in the
word "Multiculturalism"? Spoken language? People can speak any language
they want, I don't care. Religious beliefs? I don't care about that
either. It's none of my business. Canada has all the protections any
citizen needs to enjoy all the freedom our country has to offer.
Multiculturalism adds nothing.

What about customs? Lets say hypothetically that it is a custom in a
certain "culture" for a husband to use corporal punishment against a
wife if he believes she has been disrespectful to him. I don't respect
that custom, it goes against Canadian laws and values. Am I violating
"Multiculturalism"? Or what if *hypothetically* in another culture it is
a mainstream belief that homosexuals belong in prison. If I oppose that
belief am I violating "Multiculturalism"? What does "Multiculturalism"
require of me that Canadian laws and values don't already demand?