Subject: Re: This is why Dutch hates Canada
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 19:12:32 -0800 (PST)
From: BillB <williambradleyllb@gmail.com>
On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 6:49:23 PM UTC-8, Dutch wrote:
> On 2/6/2018 5:15 PM, BillB wrote:

the law and has the right to the equal protection and benefit of the law without discrimination
> >> That already existed before that was written. It's redundant.
> > But Canadians felt the need to spell it all out
>
> Everything was already spelled out in the law. Nothing in Canadian law
> allows the government to treat anyone differently based on their
> "culture", whatever you take that to mean.
>
> Enshrining a redundant pseudo-principle like "Multiculturalism" is
> patronizing finger-wagging, an insult to Canadians and a waste of
> taxpayers money.

Why is multiculturalism a "pseudo-principle"?  You really don't know what multiculturalism means??
It seems when confronted by any word that interferes with your bigoted inclinations, you suddenly
have problems understanding what it means (Islamophobia, multiculturalism, etc.). What a strange
coincidence!

And how is the Canadian Multiculturalism Act "redundant". Take s.3(1)(j), for example. What other
document DIRECTS the Government of Canada, with the force of law, to harmonize the promotion of
multiculturalism with the commitment to our two official languages, and gives remedies to private
citizens if the government fails to discharge that legal obligation? Can you point me to the other
statute that does that? You don't think THIS section gives a court guidance on Parliament's
legislative intent in the event of a language dispute?

You don't like the statute because you don't want Canada to be multicultural. You reject fundamental
Canadian values, which helps explain your Islamophobia. Islamophobia is not at all consistent or
compatible with Canada's multicultural values.