From: drwhodat2015 <drwhodat2015@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: about Hashish
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 13:45:30 -0800 (PST)
From: drwhodat2015@gmail.com
On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 4:33:22 AM UTC-6, risky biz wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 11:20:46 AM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> > I was just curious and looked up the legality of hashish now that the marijuana laws are
evolving so fast.  I do not smoke or use any kind of weed product.  But 40 years ago I did.  Back
then they were starting to go easy on simple possession of marijuana, in California, BUT, hash was a
different story.  It was still a felony.  But I just looked up the new law, and although it looks
complicated to understand all of it, it does appear that 8 grams or under of hashish is now legal in
California.

> > This kinda pisses me off when I think back of all the legal problems I had and the jail time
that went with it back in the 70s, and now the friggin shit's essentially legal.  You can
practically stop at a convenience store and buy this shit.  Not yet, but probably soon.

> > I remember in the not too distant past that Texas and Nevada had the most harsh marijuana laws.
If I recall, it was Life in prison or some such shit, for simple possession.  How times change.  I
guess all the hippies grew up and ran for office.

> > I was also remembering the one and only time I ever ate "brownies".  Sure, I smoked it when I
was young, but I only ate it once, and that was ENOUGH.  I was at a party and ate a couple brownies,
it took awhile to come on, but when it did, I was FUCKED UP.  It ain't like smoking it, eating it is
completely different.  Never again, I NEVER ate that shit again.  It was very uncomfortable.  I was
fucking stoned.  TOO stoned.  lol

> I'm going to mention again that the new, THC-enhanced strains of marijuana smell like shit.
Disgusting. I would not smoke it for that reason alone. I remember when I was overseas in the Navy
the only marijuana available for about three months was some that had apparently been smuggled in on
a fishing boat and must have gotten soaked with fish juice. I wouldn't smoke that.. Most others
didn't pay the least bit of attention to the odor. None of the others, actually. I can't recall any.

I kept on thinking I was smelling skunk...  except skunks are kinda hard to run across when you're
in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.  I don't recall it smelling that way when I was a youngen.