From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Subject: Re: This is why Dutch hates Canada
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
<XXUeC.6043$yv1.2541@fx07.iad> <p5h63q$864$2@dont-email.me>
<94VeC.15076$hb4.6800@fx11.iad> <p5h8ju$ob0$2@dont-email.me>
<9ff46acc-bea1-4f8c-8947-a02ae9f94abd@googlegroups.com>
<Ko3fC.3285$eZ5.0@fx19.iad>
<eac457ad-ed84-4c22-bde3-85b289f0c332@googlegroups.com>
<sF4fC.2727$TX2.1516@fx27.iad>
<50049423-f774-4911-8714-4e4fe8f5eeef@googlegroups.com>
<CG5fC.3863$iZ2.227@fx29.iad>
<6bf3f93f-62fc-4036-88c6-d25ec9b24ca6@googlegroups.com>
From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 18:03:15 -0800
On 2/8/2018 4:47 PM, BillB wrote:
> On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 4:11:17 PM UTC-8, Dutch wrote:

>>> Another phony strawman.
>>>

>> It is exactly what is implied by this "Multiculturalism" act. Your
>> position is that to criticize a culture or its customs, beliefs or
>> practices is un-Canadian and contrary to our constitution. Yet you do it
>> all the time. You're a rank hypocrite.
>
> Nothing is "implied" by the Act. It is a law. It means what it means in plain English. And as I
already pointed out, it doesn't even apply to you or any other individual citizen. It applies to
government policymakers, and there is nothing "redundant" about it. Further, it was passed by the
conservative Mulroney government, not Justin Trudeau, as you ignorantly alluded ealier.

I didn't say that. It was first introduced by Pierre Elliot.

> Nobody is denying that any Canadian can criticize any law they want. That doesn't mean the
attitude behind that criticism isn't unCanadian.

It doesn't mean it is; that's just your pc opinion. You're just
referring to this this Act as a grandstanding ploy.

> You have the right to criticize laws forbidding you to have sex with 8-year-olds, but very few
wouldn't consider you unCanadian for doing so.

Irrelevant.

> But your hatred of Canadian values goes far beyond disliking an ordinary statute like the Canadian
Multiculturism Act. All your attitudes prove you would like to rescind the Constitution of Canada,
particularly the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

What nonsense. "Multiculturalism" is a misguided idea to put into the
Constitution. It causes greater divisions between cultures and groups
within Canada, not less. I have perfectly good, rational arguments to
support that view, and nothing about it is un-Canadian.