Subject: Re: This is why Dutch hates Canada
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 19:58:15 -0800 (PST)
From: BillB <williambradleyllb@gmail.com>
On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 7:43:10 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

> > So why on earth would anyone take him >seriously about whatever he has to say >about (shithole)
Toronto.

> The truth is out there for any rational person willing to accept it. Toronto isn't a mysterious
place where nobody has ever been. It's pretty well known what Toronto is like, which is why almost
everything you ever read about it is filled with praise. I don't expect Islamophobes to accept
rationality and truth. If they did, they wouldn't be Islamohobes, now would they?

Lonely Planet on Toronto:

"Welcome to Toronto, the most multiculturally diverse city on the planet: over 140 languages are
spoken. It's estimated that over half of Toronto's residents were born outside Canada, and despite
its complex makeup, Torontonians generally get along. When the weather is fine, Toronto is a blast:
a vibrant, big-time city abuzz with activity. Some of the world's finest restaurants are found here,
alongside happening bars and clubs and eclectic festivals...But come with patience, an open mind and
during the delightfully temperate and colorful spring or fall, and you're bound to have a great time.
There is a fresh international buzz about Toronto. Perhaps it's the influx of flush new residents
from across the globe; or was it the Pan-Am Games that shone a spotlight on Toronto? Either way,
this is a city that is waking up to its own greatness."

Trip Advisor on Toronto:

"We've heard Toronto described as "New York City run by the Swiss," and it's true—you can find
world-class theatre, shopping and restaurants here, but the sidewalks are clean and the people are
friendly. The best place to start is literally at the top—the CN Tower, the tallest freestanding
structure in the Western Hemisphere."

Fodors on Toronto:

"Cultured and cosmopolitan, Toronto nevertheless manages to remain relaxed, livable, and fun all at
the same time. Canada's center of the arts and media has plenty of pleasant tree-lined streets in
Yorkville for window-shopping and wandering; a host of independent galleries in West Queen West with
edgy works; big-name music festivals year-round; and an adventurous, constantly evolving food scene.
Toronto’s impressive sights may be what pull you in, but its vibrant neighborhoods, artistic
happenings, and friendly locals will make you want to return."

Travel and Leisure on Toronto:

"Toronto is one of the world's most culturally diverse cities, and proudly so. You'll hear more than
140 languages and dialects spoken on the streets in this "City of Neighborhoods." Toronto boasts a
few Chinatowns, a Greek Town, Little Italy (and a Corso Italia), a Koreatown and a Little Portugal,
to name a few. It's the most populous city in Canada (more than 5 million in the Greater Toronto
Area) and the province of Ontario’s economic engine. With an abundance of green spaces, a lakeside
waterfront, global eats, and a treasure trove of things to experience, T+L’s Toronto travel guide
shows exactly what makes the city special.

"Visit Toronto, and one of the first things you’ll notice, apart from the vibrant cultural mosaic
woven into its tapestry, is that the city’s appeal lies in its denizens' friendliness: ask for
directions, and you'll be helped. Bump a local by accident, and he’ll likely say 'Sorry!' to you
first. Along with its highly artistic culture and fascinating museums that proudly display the
country’s history, it’s clear that a Toronto trip has something for everyone, and we’ve got
the scoop on how to make the most of your vacation to the Great White North.."