From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Probably just a coincidence...right??
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 06:20:24 -0800 (PST)
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 3:55:42 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:
> It's not that you're getting old, it's just that way more people play half-decent poker now. The
game has been solved to some extent. With that, and the takeover by NL, and the ever-increasing
rakes and related expenses, it's getting harder to make a buck. The poker boom and internet
information sharing kind of wrecked poker for us little guys.

> On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 1:01:48 PM UTC-8, MINUS200 wrote:
> > I am sure most people in this group are smarter than me (it is not a
> > high bar)
> >
> > Yes I still believe in top post for reasons I am sure you are too smart
> > to understand
> >
> > You are certainly right that I suck at low limit holdem - plus you left
> > out that I am also TERRIBLE at NL holdem too.  I am just average bad at
> > Omaha8
> >
> > I was cleaning out my desk today and found my MARGE 2003 pin. That may
> > have been the year I won the BAPP but I am not sure - were you there?
> > Did you ever play in the IRC game? which was the foundation for this
> > newsgroup?
> >
> > just old and getting worse at poker in spite of my huge success in Jan
> > 2018 with a tidy profit of $2 for 4 trips

> > > BillB also has enough sense not to top-post.  After all these years and you still don't
fucking get it.  BillB has never had that problem.  And by your own word you suck at low limit
holdem.  I'm quite sure BillB wins at it.  So you're right, he must be a lot smarter than you.  I
think almost everyone on this board must be a lot smarter than you.

I play some $5 & $10 Sit & Goes on line at WSOP; and a few $20 tournaments. Not the best players in
those games; and not a bunch of money to be made. But... better 'n nothing.