From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Subject: Re: This is why Dutch hates Canada
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
<XXUeC.6043$yv1.2541@fx07.iad> <p5h63q$864$2@dont-email.me>
<94VeC.15076$hb4.6800@fx11.iad> <p5h8ju$ob0$2@dont-email.me>
<9ff46acc-bea1-4f8c-8947-a02ae9f94abd@googlegroups.com>
<Ko3fC.3285$eZ5.0@fx19.iad>
<eac457ad-ed84-4c22-bde3-85b289f0c332@googlegroups.com>
<sF4fC.2727$TX2.1516@fx27.iad>
<50049423-f774-4911-8714-4e4fe8f5eeef@googlegroups.com>
<CG5fC.3863$iZ2.227@fx29.iad>
<6bf3f93f-62fc-4036-88c6-d25ec9b24ca6@googlegroups.com>
<Ej7fC.22314$tK5.3978@fx03.iad>
<90f90b2a-a953-4cf8-b3df-9835d02ef5c4@googlegroups.com>
<rX9fC.29862$d03.6428@fx37.iad>
<e8783e24-57b5-4aa6-ad17-657d0ffc47a5@googlegroups.com>
From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 12:18:45 -0800
On 2/9/2018 5:02 AM, BillB wrote:
> On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 9:02:18 PM UTC-8, Dutch wrote:
>
>> If it's a core value then what purpose does such a law serve?
>
>   wtf is wrong with you? I already explained it three times.

iow nothing any citizen should care about.

>> The act is touchy-feely government overreach. Citizens are equal under
>> the law anyway.
>
> What act? The Constitution Act? Do you understand and accept that, whether you like it or not,
multiculturalism is dictated by our Constitution?

Meaning what? You said that it doesn't apply to private citizens, so why
should I care?

> Do you really believe that running a multicultural society begins and ends with "citizens are
equal"? You can't possibly be that much of a simpleton. You had the highest IQ ever recorded.

Running a society? I'm not running a society, although you seem to be
trying. And where did you get this "highest IQ ever recorded" baloney?

>> Canada is a country of many cultures.
>
> Yes...isn't their a word for that?  Multi..somthing??

There doesn't need to be an ism word making it into a *policy*, it's
just a reality.

>> Laws apply equally to citizens in
>> all cultures. "Multiculturalism" adds nothing to that
>
> You are an idiot. Of course it goes way beyond that. Read the fucking Act which spells it out for
you. That's the bare minimum. If we include court decisions the burden on governments to promote
multiculturalism goes well beyond what is enumerated in that particular ordinary statute.

Promote what? When you have multiple cultures within a nation, the main
thing the government should be concerned about is that they get along
peacefully. Of course the members of that culture must be treated
equally under the law, that goes without saying.

> , and it send a
>> damaging message, that new citizens have no need to make an effort to
>> integrate into the existing culture. Fortunately most do anyway.
>
> For the umpteenth time....this is a free country. Immigrants don't have to do anything except obey
the law. The LAST thing they have to do is jump through hoops in a futile attempt to gain the
approval of a bigot named "Dutch" on the internet. Who the fuck do you think you are? Besides, you
have been asked several times what Muslims must specifically do to appease you, and you can't even
name anything. I think we all know it would be an impossible moving target.

Not having women wear those hideous black face masks would be a start.
Not blowing a 6AM prayer horn might be another.

So you want to promote different cultures maintaining their own cultural
customs even when they clash with Canadian norms. Why? Are you afraid
they might be offended? Can you imagine ANY cultural practice that you
would ever want to discourage immigrants from continuing? What about
public outdoor defecation? Is there ANYTHING you would draw the line at?