Subject: Re: Travel's Annual (5th) Academy Awards Picks (2017)
Full headers:
From: Clave <ChrisClavius@TheMonastery.com>
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 22:43:19 -0800
On 3/1/2018 10:01 PM, Dutch wrote:
> On 3/1/2018 4:14 PM, Travel wrote:

<...>

>> 8) "Get Out"
>>
>> This entertaining movie is of a non-consequential cast, but sports
>> a Coen Brothers-like Horror/comedy story.
>
> Loved it

Quite agree.

Going unmentioned is the fact that it's a socio-racial satire even more
than a horror movie.  A lot of people around here need trigger warnings
like that.  This movie will (or should) make many residents of RGP
um.....uncomfortable.

And the cast might be "non-consequential" if it weren't for the fact
that the male lead, half of Key and Peele (Jordan Peele), also wrote and
directed the movie, becoming only the fourth African-American Academy
Award-nominated director in history.  I think that's of some "consequence".

Also featured are Brad Whitford (The West Wing, Cabin in the Woods) and
Stephen Root (Office Space, News Radio), and others people would
actually recognize.

Can't imagine why Travel would neglect that detail about Peele...