From: Travel <travel9599@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Travel's Annual (5th) Academy Awards Picks (2017)
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 07:37:45 -0800 (PST)
From: Travel <travel9599@gmail.com>
On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 1:42:26 AM UTC-5, Clave wrote:
> On 3/1/2018 10:01 PM, Dutch wrote:
> > On 3/1/2018 4:14 PM, Travel wrote:
>
> <...>
>
> >> 8) "Get Out"
> >>
> >> This entertaining movie is of a non-consequential cast, but sports
> >> a Coen Brothers-like Horror/comedy story.
> >
> > Loved it
>
> Quite agree.
>
> Going unmentioned is the fact that it's a socio-racial satire even more
> than a horror movie.  A lot of people around here need trigger warnings
> like that.  This movie will (or should) make many residents of RGP
> um.....uncomfortable.
>
> And the cast might be "non-consequential" if it weren't for the fact
> that the male lead, half of Key and Peele (Jordan Peele), also wrote and
> directed the movie, becoming only the fourth African-American Academy
> Award-nominated director in history.  I think that's of some "consequence".
>
> Also featured are Brad Whitford (The West Wing, Cabin in the Woods) and
> Stephen Root (Office Space, News Radio), and others people would
> actually recognize.
>
> Can't imagine why Travel would neglect that detail about Peele...

Can't imagine why there was only one movie this year where Clavey was moved enough to comment. You
can be quite sure that my comments on "Get Out" were solely based on the entertainment value of the
movie and notoriety-level of the cast.

Can't imagine why, when baseball is discussed, I mention Pedro Martinez as my all-time favorite
player.