Subject: Re: LOL @ Delta Airlines
Full headers:
From: Clave <>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 18:05:18 -0800
On 3/2/2018 5:26 PM, BillB wrote:
> On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 4:59:05 PM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
>> Only 13 passengers used an NRA discount to purchase tickets with Delta Airlines.  Delta gave up a
$40 million tax break over 13 passengers.  lol  >Whatta bunch of maroons.
> I'm completely blown away that a American legislature (even one as backward as Georgia's) would
use the law to punish a private company for not freely associating with another private
organization. This is something I'd expect to read about in Cuba or the Soviet Union.
> The crazy thing is that the tax break was initially touted by Republicans as *absolutely
essential* to maintaining Georgia and Atlanta's competitiveness as a hub in the aviation industry.
Now they're throwing that away to avenge their NRA  masters?  LOL

They may have just avenged themselves out of the new Amazon Headquarters

Why would any business relocate to a state where its incentives for
locating there in the first place (like Delta's) are in danger of simply
being rescinded over childish political pique?  (And whatever happened
to smaller, less-intrusive government?)

Amazon already has something of a history of being on the right side of
certain social issues (they have a Director of Social Responsibility).