From: da pickle <jcpickels@nospam.hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: LOL@Fox
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
From: da pickle <jcpickels@nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 06:32:30 -0600
On 3/3/2018 7:32 PM, VegasJerry wrote:
> On Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 4:45:27 PM UTC-8, da pickle wrote:
>> On 3/3/2018 4:42 PM, VegasJerry wrote:

>> Have you ever watched a football game on FNC?
>
> Yes.

No, Jerry, you have not (and you cannot prove that you have).

Did you watch with risky?

>> No football
>
> Like I said, you're stupid and worth replying to.
> But here's one of the last:
>
>  From a simple Google search:
>
> Rupert Murdoch in 1993 lent his still-fledgling Fox broadcast network new life when he paid a
whopping $1.6 billion for the rights to Sunday NFL games previously held by CBS. At the time, Fox
was known best for shows like “In Living Color” and “Beverly Hills 90210” – a condition
that wouldn’t last much longer.

> Their 21st Century Fox won a coveted contract to air the NFL’s “Thursday Night Football“ for
the next five seasons, a deal that will lend some heft to its Fox broadcast network as it separates
from a significant passel of media assets its parent is selling to Walt Disney Co.

> --- Emphasis mine ----
> “Fundamentally, Fox is built on football,”
> --- Emphasis mine ----
>
>   said Peter Rice, president of 21st Century Fox, discussing the deal with reporters Wednesday.
“NFL football continues to be the most valuable commodity in all of media.” The sport and the
big audience it brings will be of even more import for Fox after the completion of a proposed $52.4
billion deal that will see the bulk of parent company 21st Century Fox moving under the aegis of
Walt Disney Co.

> http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/fox-thursday-night-football-nfl-rig...
>
> Now go bother someone else...
>
> Jerry 'n Vegas

Have you quite figured out yet, Jerry, that Fox News Channel is not 21st
Century Fox?  The ratings are for FNC, not Fox Sports or any of the
other parts of the Fox family of operations.

---
http://www.avg.com