From: da pickle <jcpickels@nospam.hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: LOL@Fox
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
From: da pickle <jcpickels@nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 06:48:52 -0600
On 3/3/2018 10:56 PM, risky biz wrote:
> On Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 4:45:27 PM UTC-8, da pickle wrote:

>>> No lists noted, and we'll take that as a Yes, you have a reading comprehension problem. WTF did
I just tell you? See what's meant by you FOX watchers not knowing shit?

>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News
>>>
>>> You're just not worth replying to..

>> No football
>>
>> ---
>> http://www.avg.com
>
> LOL. 'pickle' is trying to make RGP his own fake news network. ['pickle' note: FNC stands for Fox
News Channel.]

JFC, risky, of course I know that FNC is Fox New Channel ... tell it to
Jerry.  The whole thread is about Jerry NOT knowing, apparently, the
difference between Fox Sports and FNC.

> 'FNC finished No. 2 in prime time viewers behind ESPN, which thrived this month thanks to its
College Football Playoff broadcasts, and its NFL Wild Card broadcast.

Interesting, but not on point.

> The ratings for January, 2018 (Nielsen Live + Same Day data):
>      Prime time (Mon-Sun):  2,456,000 total viewers / 476,000 A25-54
>      Total Day (Mon-Sun):  1,494,000 total viewers / 308,000 A25-54
>
> Hannity was the most-watched cable news show for January, and defeated 9 p.m. rival Rachel Maddow
in total viewers, though Maddow won the key A25-54 demo. The same was true for The Ingraham Angle,
which defeated 10 p.m. competition The Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell in total viewers, but
fell short in the demo. Fox News @ Night anchored by Shannon Bream finished runner up in the 11 p.m.
hour to The 11th Hour With Brian Williams.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/january-2018-ratings-fox-news-is-now...

Again, interesting not on point.

> FNC apparently appeals primarily to elderly ogres who never got over racial integration in public
schools and the fraction of early twenty-year-olds who are still clueless.

We know your opinion, risky.

> But the real explanation of why FNC gets the viewers it does is because ogres can't get the lies
they want on broadcast networks so they flock to cable. Normal people can get actual news on
broadcast channels so don't need to go to a cable channel. The competition for CNN and MSNBC is
broadcast networks not cable. Broadcast networks have 7,000,000 - 8,000,000 viewers EACH, many times
that of FNC without even counting other cable news networks.

Ah, here again ... we all can see that FNC has a spin but some-of-us
cannot see that "broadcast networks" have a spin as well.

Comparing broadcast networks have more viewers than cable news is
because broadcast networks are not news networks ... they actually have
other types of shows ... just like ESPN is not like broadcast networks.

The reason full time news networks like CNN and MSNBC lose some of their
audience to broadcast networks during "news report hours" is because
they all have the same spins.  The broadcast networks do not pound the
same spin all day long that CNN and MSNBC do ... it is compressed.

The spin has become much worse during my lifetime.  It was there all
along, but the degree of non-partisan reporting has become much worse.

That you cannot see the spin on all sides is your problem, but you are
not alone in that prejudice.

Please speak to Jerry so he understands about FNC and Fox Sports and he
knows the difference between cable news channels and broadcast networks'
news programs.