From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: LOL@Fox
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 08:13:23 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 4:48:56 AM UTC-8, da pickle wrote:
> On 3/3/2018 10:56 PM, risky biz wrote:

did I just tell you? See what's meant by you FOX watchers not knowing shit?

> >> No football
> >>
> >> ---
> >> http://www.avg.com
> >
> > LOL. 'pickle' is trying to make RGP his own fake news network. ['pickle' note: FNC stands for
Fox News Channel.]

> JFC, risky, of course I know that FNC is Fox New Channel ... tell it to
> Jerry.  The whole thread is about Jerry NOT knowing, apparently, the
> difference between Fox Sports and FNC.
>

> > 'FNC finished No. 2 in prime time viewers behind ESPN, which thrived this month thanks to its
College Football Playoff broadcasts, and its NFL Wild Card broadcast.

> Interesting, but not on point.
>

> > The ratings for January, 2018 (Nielsen Live + Same Day data):
> >      Prime time (Mon-Sun):  2,456,000 total viewers / 476,000 A25-54
> >      Total Day (Mon-Sun):  1,494,000 total viewers / 308,000 A25-54
> >
> > Hannity was the most-watched cable news show for January, and defeated 9 p.m. rival Rachel
Maddow in total viewers, though Maddow won the key A25-54 demo. The same was true for The Ingraham
Angle, which defeated 10 p.m. competition The Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell in total viewers,
but fell short in the demo. Fox News @ Night anchored by Shannon Bream finished runner up in the 11
p.m. hour to The 11th Hour With Brian Williams.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/january-2018-ratings-fox-news-is-now...

> Again, interesting not on point.
>

> > FNC apparently appeals primarily to elderly ogres who never got over racial integration in
public schools and the fraction of early twenty-year-olds who are still clueless.

> We know your opinion, risky.
>

> > But the real explanation of why FNC gets the viewers it does is because ogres can't get the lies
they want on broadcast networks so they flock to cable. Normal people can get actual news on
broadcast channels so don't need to go to a cable channel. The competition for CNN and MSNBC is
broadcast networks not cable. Broadcast networks have 7,000,000 - 8,000,000 viewers EACH, many times
that of FNC without even counting other cable news networks..

> Ah, here again ... we all can see that FNC has a spin but some-of-us
> cannot see that "broadcast networks" have a spin as well.
>
> Comparing broadcast networks have more viewers than cable news is
> because broadcast networks are not news networks ... they actually have
> other types of shows ... just like ESPN is not like broadcast networks.
>
> The reason full time news networks like CNN and MSNBC lose some of their
> audience to broadcast networks during "news report hours" is because
> they all have the same spins.  The broadcast networks do not pound the
> same spin all day long that CNN and MSNBC do ... it is compressed.
>
> The spin has become much worse during my lifetime.  It was there all
> along, but the degree of non-partisan reporting has become much worse.
>
> That you cannot see the spin on all sides is your problem, but you are
> not alone in that prejudice.
>
> Please speak to Jerry so he understands about FNC and Fox Sports and he
> knows the difference between cable news channels and broadcast networks'
> news programs.

Oh, get over it, 'pickle', with your ridiculous, long-winded dissimulation.
Broadcast network NEWS PROGRAMS have 7,000,000 - 8,000,000 viewers EACH any single one of which
dwarfs the number of Fox News viewers. Fox News bullshit doesn't have any broadcast news programs to
compete against for the small number of viewers who demand fake news. CNN and MSNBC have to win
viewers from broadcast news programs. You fake news consumers harp on your comparison to other CABLE
news but that whole concept is completely stupid.

And none of this has anything to do with any spin by any news programs but the idea of comparing Fox
News 'spin' to the news programs that a much greater number of Americans watch is ludicrous. What
Fox News and associated programs produce is not 'spin' but outright lies. Something like 70-80% of
what they put out is inaccurate and misleading and about half of that is pure fabrication and
invention. Fox News is right-wing Pravda.