From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Subject: Re: "If The Presidential Election Were Held Today" Poll
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 20:56:04 -0800
On 3/4/2018 6:13 PM, joeturn wrote:

[..]

 > I think we should praise Puttin for supplying the dirt on Hilary.What
a mess we would have been in with that POS.

Things would be fine with Hillary as president. She was supremely
qualified for the job.

 >   The Dimocrats could not get Trump impeached for collusion with the
Russians because it is legal to expose corruption of your opponent in an
election(sometimes referred to as mud slinging).

It's actually called "opposition research", something the Democrats did
during the campaign which resulted in, among other things, "The Steele
Dossier". That was all bought and paid for and legal.

However what the Trump campaign is alleged to have done is quite different.

First, the email hacking the Russians did was a crime, therefore anyone
who cooperated after the fact to make use of those "proceeds of crime"
is also committing a crime. We already know that some Trump associates
did that. In addition, any instance of lying to law enforcement to cover
up such crimes is another crime. There's evidence of that happening also.

Second, release of those emails was a gratuitous benefit to the Trump
campaign from a foreign source which is a violation of the US Elections Act.

 > Now they are trying the old incompetence tactic. But Long Lives the King

I predict his incompetence will become more and more apparent in the
coming months as the investigation closes in on him and he continues to
unravel. His allies in Congress will start to fall away as he spews more
crap like the gun reform meeting debacle and tariffs.