From: irishranger317 <irishranger317@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Watching, or not watching, the Oscars
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 07:33:04 -0800 (PST)
From: irishranger317@gmail.com
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 9:36:58 AM UTC-5, Travel wrote:
> On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 2:11:34 PM UTC-5, irishra...@gmail.com wrote:

Hollywood for decades, I am even less inclined to listen to their self-righteous, morally superior
preaching about

Memoriam segment

> > > No, your opinion post doesn't offend me, you offend me.
> >
> > Then don't read my posts.
> >
> > Irish Mike
>
> Just pointing out how odd it is, your being a movie fan and all, and especially, on the same
"political side," that you couldn't force yourself to just drop-a-line on "Travel's Annual (5th)
Academy Awards Picks."

Fair enough.  I just read your Oscar post, and it was informative.  I am a movie fan but very rarely
go to a theater.  i wait for the movie to come on AT&T U-Verse or Netflix so I am usually a couple
of months behind seeing new releases.

Of the major films, the only ones I've seen are "Get Out", "Dunkirk" and "Wind river".
 I have "Darkest Hour", "The Shape of Water" and "Three Billboards" in my queue.
I was surprised to see "Get Out" on the list for any thing.  It was a mediocre horror film
at best so I assume it was included because of the black actors and pro-black theme.

I really enjoyed "Wind River" and thought it was under rated.  "Dunkirk" was good but
seemed a little "movies-by-the-book" for lack of a better term.  The two movies
I am really looking forward to seeing are "Hostiles" and The Ballad of Lefty Brown".

You also mentioned "John Wick 2".  I enjoyed the original "John Wick" but the second
installment was just typical, predictable over-the-top Hollywood rubbish.

That said, I stand by my original statement.  The Oscars have devolved into a