From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Watching, or not watching, the Oscars
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 11:24:38 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 7:33:17 AM UTC-8, irishra...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 9:36:58 AM UTC-5, Travel wrote:
But now it's

infested Hollywood for decades, I am even less inclined to listen to their self-righteous, morally
superior preaching about

Memoriam segment

> > > Then don't read my posts.
> > >
> > > Irish Mike
> >
> > Just pointing out how odd it is, your being a movie fan and all, and especially, on the same
"political side," that you couldn't force yourself to just drop-a-line on "Travel's Annual (5th)
Academy Awards Picks."

> Fair enough.  I just read your Oscar post, and it was informative.  I am a movie fan but very
rarely
> go to a theater.  i wait for the movie to come on AT&T U-Verse or Netflix so I am usually a couple
> of months behind seeing new releases.
>
> Of the major films, the only ones I've seen are "Get Out", "Dunkirk" and "Wind river".
>  I have "Darkest Hour", "The Shape of Water" and "Three Billboards" in my queue.
> I was surprised to see "Get Out" on the list for any thing.  It was a mediocre horror film
> at best so I assume it was included because of the black actors and pro-black theme.
>
> I really enjoyed "Wind River" and thought it was under rated.  "Dunkirk" was good but
> seemed a little "movies-by-the-book" for lack of a better term.  The two movies
> I am really looking forward to seeing are "Hostiles" and The Ballad of Lefty Brown".
>
> You also mentioned "John Wick 2".  I enjoyed the original "John Wick" but the second
> installment was just typical, predictable over-the-top Hollywood rubbish.
>
> That said, I stand by my original statement.  The Oscars have devolved into a
> "left wing political platform for bashing America, conservatives and traditional values."
>
> Irish Mike

Irish Mike hijacked 'travel's' thread into his thread. Now that's a smooth operator.