From: Dutch <>
Subject: Re: Just watched "Breaking Bad" - my opinion of the series
Full headers:
From: Dutch <>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 12:18:05 -0800
On 3/5/2018 5:53 AM, wrote:
> I just finished watching all five seasons of "Breaking Bad" on Netflix Streaming.  I'm not sure why
> I never watched this series live, because I'd generally heard good things about it.  Anyway, I
> it was very good and is definitely worth the time to watch.  In fact, I was even a little
> when it ended.
> I thought the writing was particularly good with a lot of plot twists I didn't see coming.  Just
> you thought you knew where a particular situation was headed, the writers would flip it around,
> in a believable way.  The series conclusion was also better than average.
> The acting was also excellent.  There were several very good supporting characters including
> Saul the shylock lawyer, Mike the private investigator and Gus the drug gang leader.
> The only character that got to be a little irritating was Jesse, the dope-head drug cook.
> In that regard it reminded me of the HBO series "Ray Donovan".  If Ray would have just killed
> his father (John Voight) half of his problems would be solved.  The same with Jesse.  If Walt
> (Bryan Cranston) would have gotten rid of Jesse, half of his problems would have been solved.
> Bottom-line: "Breaking Bad" was one of the best TV series I've watched and I'd recommend it
> for most TV buffs.
> Irish Mike

I also binge-watched that entire series after it finished shooting. It
was a wild and highly enjoyable ride. I was incommunicado for a couple
of weeks. If you liked the lawyer character played by Bob Odenkirk then
I highly recommend the spinoff series "Better Call Saul". Saul Goodman
is his trade name, his real name is Jimmy McGill, a two-bit hustler who
somehow passed the bar and practices law out of the storage room of a
Vietnamese nail salon. I'm counting the days until the next season starts.