Subject: Re: You want racism? I'll give you racism
Full headers:
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 12:29:34 -0800 (PST)
From: BillB <>
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 12:03:57 PM UTC-8, Mossingen wrote:

> You don't think the black guy in the video posted by paul, standing before
> an audience with a microphone, urging them to kill and injure white people
> because they are white, qualifies as racism?

I'm sorry, I didn't watch the video. I clicked play and nothing happened. Is he saying that stuff
simply because they are white, or is it something they did as unified political group? I think it's
probably more the latter. Of course, at this point it's probably hard to separate the two.

> You can argue that the guy has a good reason to feel the way that he does,
> but that's not really an excuse to mischaracterize his message as being
> non-racist.

I just don't think it is race-based hate per se. I think it is much more a case revenge-based hate
against people who happen to be white. When a group of people who happen to be white oppress,
brutalize and steal from your people for generations, how do you attribute reciprocal hatred to
"racism"? It just doesn't seem like a very realistic characterization to me. I think it's more a
case of hatred against a political group for (justified) political reasons.

>  If you can justify that, then on what basis do you condemn the
> white government for instituting apartheid?

Apartheid was racism. It was motivated by an irrational hatred of people based solely on skin color.
What did black people do to deserve that? What was the justification? There was none, that I know
of. Can you think of a valid justification for what occurred during apartheid?