> Prev
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Subject: The Steele 'dossier' - it's primary assertions have been corroborated
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 10:27:31 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Did Trump spike Mitt Romney for Secretary of State as a return favor to the Russian F.S.B.?

    'Many of Steele's assertions have turned out to be true. "His allegation that the Kremlin
favored Trump in 2016 and was offering his campaign dirt on Hillary has been borne out. So has his
claim that the Kremlin and WikiLeaks were working together to release the D.N.C.’s e-mails. Key
elements of Steele’s memos on Carter Page have held up, too, including the claim that Page had
secret meetings in Moscow with Rosneft and Kremlin officials. Steele may have named the wrong
oil-company official, but, according to recent congressional disclosures, he was correct that a top
Rosneft executive talked to Page about a payoff.”

    Steele wrote another memo in late November 2016 that Russia wanted to block Mitt Romney as
Trump's choice to be secretary of state, according to a senior Russian official. "The official said
that he was merely relaying talk circulating in the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but what
he’d heard was astonishing: people were saying that the Kremlin had intervened to block Trump’s
initial choice for Secretary of State, Mitt Romney." Trump didn't reject Romney for secretary of
state until mid-December 2016.

    It is believed one person is already dead as a result of the dossier's publication: “During
[Fusion GPS’] Glenn Simpson’s testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee, his lawyer asserted
that ‘somebody’s already been killed as a result of the publication of this dossier.’ Who that
could be has been the subject of much media speculation. One possibility that has been mentioned is
Oleg Erovinkin, a former F.S.B. officer and top aide to Igor Sechin, the Rosneft president. On
December 26, 2016, Erovinkin was found dead in his car. No official cause of death has been cited.
No evidence has emerged that Erovinkin was a Steele source, and in fact Special Counsel Mueller is
believed to be investigating a different death that is possibly related to the dossier.”

    Steele never told the Clinton campaign or the Democrats he had approached the FBI about his
findings. “As a top Clinton-campaign official told me, ‘If I’d known the F.B.I. was
investigating Trump, I would have been shouting it from the rooftops!’”

    Obama and Biden weren't notified about the Steele dossier's findings until Jan. 5, 2017 — 15
days before Trump's inauguration. “As one person present later told me, ‘No one understands that
at the White House we weren’t briefed about the F.B.I.’s investigations. We had no information
on collusion. All we saw was what the Russians were doing. The F.B.I. puts anything about Americans
in a lockbox.’”