Subject: Re: You want racism? I'll give you racism
Full headers:
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 10:27:52 -0800 (PST)
From: BillB <>
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 9:04:21 AM UTC-8, Mossingen wrote:
> "BillB"  wrote in message
> >If you walked down the same busy street every day, and every time any black
> >person passed you, he punched you in the head, pretty soon you're going to
> >have a strong aversion to black >people. I don't think that's racism. Do
> >you?
> Well, that's a good question, isn't it?  Your rationale would seem to
> support racial profiling, something that you've condemned here in the past.
> You're getting tied up in knots here, Bill.

I'm not getting tied up in knots. You are just lacking in the logic skills to follow along.
Obviously, I would be for racial profiling if 100% of people  of a certain race committed a certain
act. That's not "profiling". Racial profiling is where you single out a certain race because 2% of
the people of that race commit a certain act rather than 1% of the general population. See the
difference? In the first case you aren't singling out any innocent people, whereas in the second
case 98% of the people you single out are innocent.

Now stop trying to divert by pretending I would ever say anything inconsistent or illogical. it has
never happened, and it never will.
> I would probably have a strong aversion to people who punched me in the head
> and try to figure out why they are doing it.  It probably has nothing to do
> with skin pigmentation and a lot to do with cultural or other factors.  It's
> easy to fall into that trap of just ascribing evil to every black person,
> which is what racists do, Bill.  And you seem to suggest that there is
> nothing wrong with that.  It's so odd.

You aren't answering the question directly. I'll answer it for you. Yes, after a while you would
notice that every black person (or red-headed person, or persons wearing blue scarves...the
identifier does not matter to the hypothetical) punches you, and you would develop a strong dislike
of those people. No, that would not be racism. It would be common sense.