Subject: Re: You want racism? I'll give you racism
Full headers:
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 15:55:35 -0800 (PST)
From: BillB <>
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 3:44:44 PM UTC-8, Mossingen wrote:
> "BillB"  wrote in message
> On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 10:56:42 AM UTC-8, Tim Norfolk wrote:
> > Didn't you get the memo? Racism is only by white people, as it has been
> > re->defined as discrimination plus power, as has sexism.
> Not really. Racism is racism, but some kinds of racism are very important
> and consequential (ex. groups with power ==> groups with no power), and some
> kinds just aren't as important (individual with no power ===> groups with
> overwhelming power).
> It's not a redefinition of racism; it's just an acknowledgment that some
> forms are far more toxic than others.
> ___________________________
> Even if I accept that some forms of racism are more toxic than others,
> that's not what you're saying.  You are saying that the blacks under
> apartheid are NOT racists for attacking whites based on skin color.

You keep saying they are attacking them "because of skin color". You know that is  not true.

Do you think black people are more offended by their enemies for being brutalized and marginalized
by them for hundreds of years, or because they lack melanin in sufficient quantities? For the
umpteenth time, the skin color coincidence is only because white people organized politically around
their whiteness. Black people are fighting back against a political group that brutalized and
oppressed them for generations, who happen to be white (through THEIR OWN organization). That is not
racism. Racism is irrational.