From: Tim Norfolk <timsn274@aol.com>
Subject: Re: You want racism? I'll give you racism
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 18:48:06 -0800 (PST)
From: Tim Norfolk <timsn274@aol.com>
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 9:25:48 PM UTC-5, Dutch wrote:
> On 3/6/2018 12:28 PM, fffurken wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 6 March 2018 18:56:42 UTC, Tim Norfolk  wrote:
> >
> >> Didn't you get the memo? Racism is only by white people, as it has been re-defined as
discrimination plus power, as has sexism.

> > Only by members of the loony liberal left, such as the Canadian dhimmi.
> >
> > Sane people know what racism is. Which isn't, by the way, the belief that not all races are
equal, as Dutch recently stated.

> Let's do a thought experiment. Say a white couple decides to adopt a
> family and they adopt one infant of each race. Assume that the children
> all receive the same upbringing and education and none is subjected to
> any more bullying or discrimination during childhood than the others.
>
> Let's further assume that once they are adults none of them are
> subjected to discrimination in hiring or in any other realm.
>
> What would predict would be the likely outcome of this scenario for
> these children, if the experiment was repeated thousands of times?

Too broad a question. You can see what is called p-hacking in such an experiment - finding something
which is statistically significant by measuring enough variables.

So, do you want to measure IQ by the standard tests at some pre-determined age? If so, you would be
opening a huge can of worms on the old nature versus nurture. I know that it is well-established
that it is both, but in what percentages?

I have my own feelings on behaviour, having done some stock breeding. I also have anecdotal evidence
in the form of two male friends, both of whom were abandoned by their substance-abusing fathers at a
very early age.

In one case, there was an adoption by a very liberal and caring single mother, and the person was
raised in relative suburban prosperity with a stepfather.

In the other, the birth mother remarried, also to a hard-working decent family man.

On died at age 46 of liver failure brought on by heavy drinking and overuse of oxycodone. The other
is about 40, and on heroin.