From: Dutch <>
Subject: Re: You want racism? I'll give you racism
Full headers:
From: Dutch <>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 19:01:21 -0800
On 3/6/2018 6:48 PM, Tim Norfolk wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 9:25:48 PM UTC-5, Dutch wrote:
discrimination plus power, as has sexism.
>>> Only by members of the loony liberal left, such as the Canadian dhimmi.
>>> Sane people know what racism is. Which isn't, by the way, the belief that not all races are
equal, as Dutch recently stated.
>> Let's do a thought experiment. Say a white couple decides to adopt a
>> family and they adopt one infant of each race. Assume that the children
>> all receive the same upbringing and education and none is subjected to
>> any more bullying or discrimination during childhood than the others.
>> Let's further assume that once they are adults none of them are
>> subjected to discrimination in hiring or in any other realm.
>> What would predict would be the likely outcome of this scenario for
>> these children, if the experiment was repeated thousands of times?
> Too broad a question. You can see what is called p-hacking in such an experiment - finding
something which is statistically significant by measuring enough variables.

There's no need to get all technical, just make a reasonable assumption
or two and hazard a guess.

> So, do you want to measure IQ by the standard tests at some pre-determined age? If so, you would
be opening a huge can of worms on the old nature versus nurture. I know that it is well-established
that it is both, but in what percentages?

Using an IQ test with what sort of cultural bias? If you test someone
raised in a technologically advanced society using a test designed by
academics raised in that same society then it's obvious they will have
an advantage over someone raised in a poor part of the world who has
developed a completely different set of skills.

> I have my own feelings on behaviour, having done some stock breeding. I also have anecdotal
evidence in the form of two male friends, both of whom were abandoned by their substance-abusing
fathers at a very early age.
> In one case, there was an adoption by a very liberal and caring single mother, and the person was
raised in relative suburban prosperity with a stepfather.
> In the other, the birth mother remarried, also to a hard-working decent family man.
> On died at age 46 of liver failure brought on by heavy drinking and overuse of oxycodone. The
other is about 40, and on heroin.

That's interesting but not really relevant to race or IQ.