From: Bill Vanek <bilvanek@invalid.com>
Subject: Re: You want racism? I'll give you racism
Full headers:
From: Bill Vanek <bilvanek@invalid.com>
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 09:04:15 -0800
References: <ps7s9dpp9gcm7sc5u592umicgil8eok5fp@4ax.com> <4179b193-fffe-4a7e-a7fa-d07731cee653@googlegroups.com> <p7mi1p$a9u$1@dont-email.me> <74696972-0ed8-4ab3-882a-cb93d5d4e67f@googlegroups.com> <5bf0093c-1573-4e14-95f9-f6e0b8a7d2c4@googlegroups.com> <I4InC.41449$fQ7.29319@fx13.iad> <dcmu9dladt80houpoqeum8jkshbdla22rq@4ax.com> <3OMnC.117351$4_2.25469@fx35.iad> <1e6v9dpe30h4rlmoiood1bd4upre9kvk8l@4ax.com> <S0NnC.48373$ma4.8870@fx10.iad>
On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 00:02:57 -0800, Dutch<no@email.com> wrote:

>On 3/6/2018 11:51 PM, Bill Vanek wrote:

discrimination plus power, as has sexism.

equal, as Dutch recently stated.

>>> I can't be bothered to wade through all that. Could you please just give
>>> me a direct answer to my hypothetical?
>>
>> I did, about halfway down in the first paragraph I wrote.
>>

>I see, OK. But my actual question is, all things being equal, as they
>are in my hypothetical scenario, do you believe there would be a
>significant difference in outcomes among the children that you can
>attribute to race?

Of course. There is a genetic component to IQ. If your experiment were
tried thousands of times, there would be a pattern. I don't think
there is any agreement on how "significant" the variance would be,
though. The other problem is what Pickle mentions, that there is
significant blurring among the races after so many years of human
life. Where do you find the subjects of your experiment?

>And I do not believe the exact scenario I described has ever been tried,
>because it's not possible in the real world. There is no prejudice-free
>environment.

And that is at least part of my point. Once you understand why there
is no such environment, and never will be, you will move closer to the
smart (conservative) understanding of real life.