From: fffurken <fffurken1@mail.com>
Subject: Re: You want racism? I'll give you racism
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 10:50:09 -0800 (PST)
<5e009992-e025-434c-be3c-046d91a33b4a@googlegroups.com> <baf3b375-c818-4de6-b2a6-0321be32d13c@googlegroups.com>
<p7k7r9$q1f$1@dont-email.me> <476836d9-097d-4b26-9154-5d1d059ca9c3@googlegroups.com>
<p7l3nv$uf1$1@dont-email.me> <939dd99d-39d1-4ad6-902e-b2b564e0ef6b@googlegroups.com>
<qf7s9d5lddnvuqr2miku07ofe5t0j4f7mi@4ax.com> <cf9981e0-27a1-4563-9341-d0488ad641bc@googlegroups.com>
<ps7s9dpp9gcm7sc5u592umicgil8eok5fp@4ax.com> <4179b193-fffe-4a7e-a7fa-d07731cee653@googlegroups.com>
<p7mi1p$a9u$1@dont-email.me> <74696972-0ed8-4ab3-882a-cb93d5d4e67f@googlegroups.com>
<5bf0093c-1573-4e14-95f9-f6e0b8a7d2c4@googlegroups.com> <I4InC.41449$fQ7.29319@fx13.iad>
<ab31c527-7da4-4d28-981e-0ddf7e20c4f2@googlegroups.com> <kGInC.156070$9%2.20345@fx36.iad>
<114cf916-c69a-4d71-bd43-e1e1d02ed2bb@googlegroups.com> <TLMnC.41452$fQ7.11008@fx13.iad>
From: fffurken <fffurken1@mail.com>
On Wednesday, 7 March 2018 07:44:54 UTC, Dutch  wrote:
> On 3/6/2018 7:16 PM, fffurken wrote:

discrimination plus power, as has sexism.

equal, as Dutch recently stated.

I think Seymore posted an article earlier about how they won't even allow blacks to be tested for IQ
in schools (blacks only).

> >> So, not willing to venture a guess? Would the white and Asian kids do
> >> better in school and other aspects of life or would it all even out?
> >>
> >> I guess my question is, are saying that there is a biological
> >> intelligence difference between the races if you eliminate all cultural
> >> factors?
> >

> > I'm not sure why you think I didn't give you a responsive enough answer but AFAIK the evidence
suggests that the (racial) IQ hierarchy does not change dependent on other factors, such as class,
geographical location, etc.

> That doesn't answer my question exactly, but I get the drift.

Well the point I was making is that the belief that not all races are equal does not a racist make,
as you stated.

If someone believed that *all* members of a race are inferior or indeed if someone was to
discriminate against (or in Billb parlance - rape, torture, murder) an individual because of their
race, then that would be racism.

Btw, have you listened to anything Sam Harris has to say on race and IQ -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGp06vMPERE

Or here's a shorter video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0H2PUOrHDA in which I presume his
hypothetical is to illustrate that it's not racism, or bigotry I think is the word he used.