From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Subject: Re: You want racism? I'll give you racism
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
From: Dutch <no@email.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 13:56:44 -0800
On 3/7/2018 9:04 AM, Bill Vanek wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 00:02:57 -0800, Dutch<no@email.com> wrote:

discrimination plus power, as has sexism.

equal, as Dutch recently stated.

>>> I did, about halfway down in the first paragraph I wrote.
>>>

>> I see, OK. But my actual question is, all things being equal, as they
>> are in my hypothetical scenario, do you believe there would be a
>> significant difference in outcomes among the children that you can
>> attribute to race?
>
> Of course. There is a genetic component to IQ.

Are you referring to *intelligence* when you say "IQ"?

"IQ tests" tend to test the ability to grasp certain types of abstract
problems. That is a specific type of intelligence. There are many kinds
of intelligence.

  If your experiment were
> tried thousands of times, there would be a pattern. I don't think
> there is any agreement on how "significant" the variance would be,
> though. The other problem is what Pickle mentions, that there is
> significant blurring among the races after so many years of human
> life. Where do you find the subjects of your experiment?

In my hypothetical scenario the children are all clearly representative
examples of their race.

>> And I do not believe the exact scenario I described has ever been tried,
>> because it's not possible in the real world. There is no prejudice-free
>> environment.
>
> And that is at least part of my point. Once you understand why there
> is no such environment, and never will be, you will move closer to the
> smart (conservative) understanding of real life.

I realize there is no such environment. The purpose of a thought
experiment is to get to the root of a problem by isolating and
eliminating variables. I realize that in your mind all roads lead to
your particular brand of conservative thinking, that's the kind of
pre-existing bias I am trying to eliminate.